My husband and I spent a glorious two weeks at Next Paradise and it lived up to it's name and our expectations. From the beautifully presented room (spacious with comfortable queen size bed and veranda with daybeds), landscaped gardens that lead from the generous swimming pool onto the stunning beach to the friendly, helpful staff and amazing, freshly prepared meals.
On my birthday, the staff sang to me and the chef made a birthday cake, whilst our dining room chairs were decorated with palm leaves and bougainvillea - very special! On Valentine's Day the whole dining room was romantically decorated and the chef prepared lobster.
My husband is a fussy eater, so I was concerned that this would present difficulties with set menu each night (the chef prepare a four course meal with whatever has been caught on the day) but the kitchen went out of their way to accommodate him, making him his own meal where needed. I loved all the food! Fresh fish, great sauces, interesting starters and stunning fruit for breakfast.
Whilst we spent most of our time at the hotel, either on the beach of by the pool, we did venture out on three trips. Safari Blue was a great day out in the south on a dhow (sailboat), snorkeling, seeing the dolphins and a barbecue on the beach. The Spice Tour was disappointing and then a morning just snorkeling on the Mnemba Atoll was just sublime!
The two weeks went by effortlessly and the slow pace suited us to a tee. We loved the hotel and would highly recommend it.
The only small issue was the constant approaches made by the locals if you are on the beach, but they take no for an answer and I just eventually ignored them!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Next Paradise Boutique Resort sits on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of Zanzibar, facing directly the Indian Ocean and protected by the coral reef which is about one kilometer away.located only 45 minutes drive from Stone Town and 30 minutes from Nungwi and Kendwua, (the beaches of north) it is perfect place to organize excursions, spice tours, swim with dolphins, big game fishing, kite surfing , diving and snorkeling to Mnemba atoll. The charming small hotel is well known because of its sober elegance, the excellent food and especially for its intimate and quiet atmosphere. At Next Paradise you will find 16 fully furnished rooms all provided with air conditioning and sea view private verandahs. Our staff is always happy to offer individual attention to every single guest of the hotel. Whether you're looking to book your honeymoon or need inspiration for a romantic getaway, we have special offers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Next Paradise Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Next Paradise Boutique Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Next Paradise Boutique Resort Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani, Tanzania