“Best Greek food in the area!”
Review of Athenian Garden

Athenian Garden
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Galloway
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Athenian Garden is one of the best hidden Greek food restaurants in South Jersey!!! Located in Galloway just off of Rt 9 near Seaview Marriot it's worth a ride out.

Generally our family will order take out. Both parents and kids love the gyros and Greek salad platter. The price is reasonable for the amount of food your get and the authenticity is right on!

They have a very nice menu and you can eat inside. The restaurant is BYOB. A nice bottle of wine goes well with dinner. Dinner prices are a little pricey but your getting fresh lamb or fresh whole fish grilled! So BYOB sets of the price for a nice romantic dinner!

Check hours, I believe they close one or two day a week. It's family owned and operated. Also there are coupons in the Galloway Patriot Newspaper that you can find at some local places.

Thumbs up for Athenian Garden!

19  Thank Ken B

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We ordered take out as we were staying locally at the Marriott. We were hoping for good flavorful authentic Greek food. I had a Gyro which I did not like at all. My son had chicken kebob, rice and veggies. He said the chicken was good but didn't like the rice. The one item we honestly liked the best was the hummus which tasted the freshest out of all the items we ordered.

3  Thank jrsyshoregrl
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner before heading to AC. We had the trio appetizer with hummus, grilled eggplant and feta. The appetizer was delicious and very filling. I had the grilled spiced chicken for dinner which I enjoyed. Overall it is a nice small family restaurant.

18  Thank michael r
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Pita bread is packaged. Not fresh. Meal ok. Nothing special. Expensive for what you get. Probably won't come here again. Didn't enjoy my food.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stopped for an early dinner on a Friday. There were only four other customers in the restaurant on a Friday. That should have been a red flag. The service was some of the worst I have ever experienced. The food was just as bad. I ordered the lamb medallions for my entree. The meat was so tough, I thought I was chewing on rubber. I kindly sent my dinner back to the kitchen since I did not have all night to chew the lamb. My friend ordered an appetizer and a large Caesar salad that she said were only OK. She also had ordered a soup appetizer that the waiter totally forgot to bring. AThe waiter chastised me for not calling him over sooner to our table to express my concerns over my dinner before eating half my meal. I would have, if I had seen him in the dining area during our meal. When he accused me of eating half the meal before sending it back to the kitchen, I decided this would be my last visit to this restaurant. In truth, more than half of the 3 medallions of lamb were still left on my plate. When the waiter took my dinner plate back to the kitchen, we could overhear him tell the cook that I complained about my meal, but not until I had eaten half of it. Thank goodness the $5 side salad I had ordered was eatable, or I would have left that restaurant hungry.

1  Thank dennisf675