“What a wonderful Irish welcome at the Rustic Cafe :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rustic Cafe - CLOSED

Rustic Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Birmingham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a wonderful Irish welcome at the Rustic Cafe :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I recently visited Lismore for my birthday and found an absolute gem nestled on it's high street. It is called the Rustic Cafe and is run by the most charming staff. The owner called Claire made me feel very welcome from the moment I set foot in the door and treated me to a hearty irish broth with mouth watering soda bread and butter. This was followed by a sumptuous orange chocolate cake with irish coffee. The craic only got better when Claire's brother John and sister Margo arrived and got the banter going with some of the other local patrons :) This for me is what Ireland is all about and I highly recommend you visit Claire & Co. to savour the delights of the Rustic Cafe for yourself ;)

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Jane E

Chicago Area
“Charming Cafe - Excellent Scones!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

The owner was adorable - greeted us and was chatty. Scones, butter, jam, whipped cream and coffee all served on beautiful china; I was in heaven! There was a photo on the wall of the owner with Fred Astaire, who frequented the Lismore Castle I was told. Highly recommend stopping here.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank michelle2mmb
Ireland
“Eccentric owner adds interest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Cosy interior with great coffee and toasties. Owner is the Oracle - everything you need to know about Lismore. Her own life is even more fascinating - if you visit when it's not too busy, she might reveal it. Kindly gave us free choc biscuits!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank CalistoIreland
Ireland
“Great coffee and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Great food and got complimentary chocolate biscuit cake which was to die for!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Megsimay
Limerick, Ireland
“Very friendly, good food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

We were walking up the street to see if we could find somewhere to have a nice coffee and cake or something, when we came across this cafe. The lady who served us was a real character, full of chat and laughter which made us feel very welcome. We had lovely coffee and cake(with cream and ice-cream-all the calories)!!! All served on china plates and beautiful little dessert forks, so quaint! Nice bits of Art on the walls, all in all a very interesting little place. I will most definitely be back!

• Visited July 2011