1,420 results
All reviews leisure facilities bottle of wine evening meal leisure club buffet style long walk weekend break steam room saturday night wedding venue standard room lovely grounds changing rooms training course restaurant staff couldn't do enough relaxing stay
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I recently visited the hotel with 9 other friends as part of a groupon deal for a spa day with use of the gym,pool,sauna and 3 course meal.

The gym and studio were very well equipped and the pool was a nice size as was the jacuzzi. The changing rooms were clean and spacious although no separate cubicle to get changed in incase you didn’t want to change infront of everyone.

The man on the gym reception was very polite and helpful.

We ate the 3 course meal in the bar area and it was exceptional value for money for my 9 friends. Even though the set menu had multiple choices I am quite a fussy eater (and on a diet.) I explained this to the man and lady working the bar that day and they were both extremely helpful in providing me with an alternative.

It is a beautiful hotel with beautiful grounds and it made for a very special occasion for my friend whose mini hen do we were celebrating.

I will definitely return very soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
aliwack1, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting our great lunch and swim package which is currently been enjoyed by many guests

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Haven't been to the Cranage for a while but stayed here twice in recent weeks had to it was booked by for me. The main issue for me is the discrepancies in the room standards. First time I stayed room was clean with modern furnishings. Second time the room which cost more than the first one was at the fat end of the annex overlooking a grubby Marquee in the car park. This room was really dated with wall paper peeling on the walls and dark marks above the radiator in the room. The soft furnishings were dated and poor and the bathroom looked old and past it's best. The whole room looked sad and dated and quite frankly a travel lodge would be brighter. Also tea and coffee making facilities but not even a biscuit in the room which fit a De Vere seems very below par.

The menu in the bar and room is very pricey and limited not great.

Smoking wise I get people not liking people smoking but quite frankly a little Gazebo miles from the bar is not the answer half my party would go for a cigarette and be gone for 20 minutes while if there was an area outside the bar this would be 5. It's very disjointed and does not flow.

My two stars are for the staff on reception and the cleaning staff who were very friendly and the only plus point of the hotel. If the hotel facilities were on par with the staff it would be 5 star.

Sort out your rooms and create a more comfortable guest experience then you would be into a winner as the hotel has a lot of potential.

Trip type: Travelled on business
aliwack1, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear WendJ,

Thank you for the email and so sorry for the inconsistency with room quality and will urgently review the room you stayed in.

Although we are upgrading a number of our bedrooms I am sorry for the shortfalls you encountered with your room on this stay. The marquee in the car park is for a private event but will be taken down at the end of April. The smoking shelter has been situated away from the building inline our fire risk assessment but sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the team and will redouble our efforts to ensure your next stay lives up to our full potential.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 April 2018

My daughter and I visited here for an overnight stay to go shopping at Cheshire Oaks. We have a very basic but very clean room with a free bottle of wine upon arrival, it was red but the bar soon changed to white. We took advantage of the pool & spa which was again clean and importantly warm water. Both and dinner and breakfast was amazing value with the staff that are a credit to the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
aliwack1, General Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Guests

Thank you for highlighting our amazing value leisure weekend and our great food quality.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Grabbed this on a Secret Escapes deal.

I have stayed in a few De Vere property's and some of them are a little tired!! This property however is lovely, great location and quiet!

Great check in experience, even though there was a Wedding going on (Easter Sunday!!) was easy and we never heard anything from the Wedding party!

Dinner was very good, especially as they had a wedding on the same night, service was on time and food quality perfect!

Definitely recommend and will return in the near future!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
YasminCranage, Front Office Manager at De Vere Cranage Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear RavingBonkers,

Thank you for your lovely review- I am so glad you managed to use one of our great value off peak leisure deals and highlighting the wonderful time you experienced with us, in particular the quality of the food.

We look to welcoming you back in the near future!

Regards

Yasmin

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I planned a surprise 40th birthday for my wife, so was very anxiety provoking and wanted to get it right. I had a specific wish list - beauty treatments, followed by a surprise cream tea. I checked all the hotels in the local area, however when I called the Cranage Estate, I spoke to Danielle who immediately communicated what I wanted to hear - nothing seemed too much to ask. She understood that the cream tea needed to be a surprise and also we had 2 toddlers. She reassured me that as they had some rooms free, they could put us in a private room and this would help with the management of the kids - it would also help with the surprise. She provided me with her email and details and said she would look after me leading up to the day.

The customer service didn't just stop with Danielle - it went to every member of staff on reception and in catering. I was blown away. This was a small booking by their standards, but the customer service was gold standard. I ran my own training business for years and dealt with a number of hotels, but this was flawless. To afford us their best customer service for a small booking was amazing and made the day.

All the things they did perfectly:

- Amazing communication. Everyone knew what was going on and no matter who I spoke to, they knew me by name and sorted my requirements out. The day went smoothly because of this.

-Everyone communicated in a very caring / compassionate way and were very reassuring - amazing for a hotel to get this right across all their staff. I felt we were special.

- Nothing was too much hassle. I never heard "no" once or "that's not my dept". They took everything on. One example which stuck with me was when they poured out the wine, finished the bottle and realised they missed someone out, they smoothly left the room and came back with a fully charged glass with no extra charge

- They allowed an early check in for my parents who stayed over with no additional charge and there were no hiccups at check in. They enjoyed their stay.

- Gave us a private room and didn't charge

- My 3 year old son has a dairy intolerance and they prepared a dairy free afternoon tea for the kids at no charge

- Provided private service to the room

- Made sure the room was regularly kept free of debris

- they offered small candles for the kids and lit them for the kids to blow out - that made us all smile!

- stored our specially made cake for 2 nights in a private room with air conditioning!

- Made sure they went at our pace and didn't try and rush anything

Amazing, amazing, amazing!!

Thank you Danielle and the amazing team. I would highly recommend!

There is obviously good leadership in this hotel.

We had a great time in the bar later as well - and the bar food was good.

p.s. the hotel is amazing too!! (although there is no tea and coffee making facilities in the room - the only tiny criticism)

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Razzaline,

Thank you for your wonderful review and highlighting the excellent customer service that we provide for our guests on a daily basis.

We have passed your comments onto Danielle and we all hope to welcome you back in the future!

Regards