All reviews thottada beach every meal the owner hundred meters amazing location rooms are clean home stay suma lagoon backwaters homestay theyyam india hosts house hospitality woodpeckers
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Good budget homestay, walking distance from Thattada beach. One can hear the sound of waves from the homestay. Rooms could have been better. Salty water in the bathrooms which should be taken care by the owner. For location, food and hospitality, I will give 4.5 star. For room, I will give 3 star. Overall, a pleasant stay in Kannur

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor are better
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShashankK285
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We found KK Heritage while looking for an accommodation close to Thottada beach (Kannur). Say that we were pleased with our choice would be understimated it. The guesthouse is in the middle of a luscious area flanked by a creek, simply standing on their porch you can see a lot of wildlife such as sea eagles, mongooses, woodpeckers and many others. The rooms are clean and well kept and during the night you pleasantly hear only crickets and the tide on the shore since the beach is only a hundred meters away. Meals provided are delicious and always different, an unmissable occasion to try homemade Kerala cousine. If you are interested in seeing the Theyyam dance the owner always knows where they are held and he's extremely helpfull in arranging everything for you. I really suggest this place to everybody, I needed to drag off my wife, if not she would be still there!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

It is my second visit after 5 years to this homestay. Ranji - the owner is extremely friendly and helpful with anything we ask. We are being served 3 meals per day and the food cooked by Suma is very very good. She even adjusted it to our vegan special diet: little oil, fresh fruits/juices or vegetables. We stayed in around 20 different hotels in India and I must say, I never experienced such a delicious and high quality food anywhere else.
We booked an AC room, which is also very clean and has a very nice view to the river. The area is very quiet and you can hear and see lots of different birds. The homestay is also surrounded by many coconut trees which gives the whole thing a paradise like atmosphere.
You can also rent a boat and go up the river by it and admire the very green nature and the colourful birds.
I came before the main season started so the beach, which is only 2 minutes walking distance from the house was completely empty.
What I especially like about this place is that it feels like visiting an old friend who does his best to make me feel like home. This kind of treatment you can never have in a hotel. We will definitely come again to KK Heritage!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Cons
There is no parking space for this home stay, you have to park the vehicle just a little far and walk to the place.

Pros
1. Wonderful cook
2. Well maintained rooms
3. Beach is near and there are very few home stays near by so you have the beach for yourself.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The best part about this place is amazing location. just 100m away from the beach. And you have the beach to yourself as not many tourists are there. Also the food prepared was lip smacking. But the size and quality of rooms was disappointing and needs maintenance. overall we enjoyed coz of the location and the food.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family