All reviews thottada beach every meal the owner hundred meters amazing location rooms are clean home stay suma lagoon backwaters homestay theyyam india hosts house hospitality woodpeckers
Reviewed 2 March 2016

This Homestay is the most perfect place that I have ever seen! The house is located only few minutes far away from the beach, right next to a backwater and in a beautiful garden between coconut trees. The beach is wonderful and lonely, sometimes you can watch dolphins.
The hosts are incredibly nice and caring and serve best and authentic Kerala-food.
I was their guest two times:the first time we arrived in the middle of the night and couldn't find an accommodation but fortunately Ranji offered us a room. I came back over chistmas with my family and we had a great celebration with the other guests and the hosts who gave us a home over the holidays.
I will certainly come back and strongly recommend this house for a stay at Thottada Beach.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Everything is top notch - the house, the people, the beach, nature walks.
We stayed at Jyothi and Sreeranj's homestay for 4 nights and it was one of the most memorable stays. They take care of their guests like family - ticket reservations, recommendations and above all the home cooked food. They make sure everyone is well fed - 3 meals a day.
The home is located in a small village that offers a perfect setting to experience the local life. The beach is the most beautiful and clean beach you will find in Kerala. Perfect place to relax and unwind.
Mr. Sreeranj surprised us by showing up at the bus stop when we were boarding the bus to our next destination - he wanted to wish us a proper goodbye since he could not meet us the night before. We were touched !

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016

This lovely house, shaded by palm trees and full of flowering plants is a two minute walk from the wonderful, empty beaches of Thottada. You'll not find beach restaurants and bars and discos here, it's perfectly peaceful. The house looks onto a lagoon, there's a pet eagle and tame egrets which come to drink at the bowl of water which Sreeranj, our host, puts out every day. Each room has a fan, a mosquito net, a shower and plenty of hot water to wash off the sea salt from a day on the beach. Sreeranj and Jyothi take care of everything you might need - train, taxi, tuk tuk, visits to the Theyyam trance dancing. We felt thoroughly relaxed and happy. There are hammocks in the garden for chilling in the midday heat. There are other guest houses in Thottada, but none as lovely as this, nor as excellent value for money. Did I mention the food? Delicious.

Room Tip: All rooms are simple, clean and nice, but upper floor has best views
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at KK Heritage near beautiful Thottada beach. It's in the perfect location, a few minutes walk from a clean, beautiful, not too busy beach. The property looks directly onto canal, and the view from the house is just so peaceful, you can see many different birds and fisherman here too. The garden is beautiful and peaceful. There are some nice animals about the yard and nearby that I enjoyed observing. Sreeranj and Jyoti are very warm and welcoming - they are very wonderful hosts.

The food we had there was just superb! I loved having fresh fruit juice each morning. The crab curry was also my favourite!! Yum!

The place was just so peaceful and lovely I can't describe it. The rooms were nice, clean, and roomy and as a nice touch, they provide a mosquito net (although we never had to use it while there...). We actually loved the place so much we came back to stay an extra night! I dream of the day that we could go back. We would spend more time there next time. It's a great place to relax and unwind but you can go into town if you like to be busy.

It was fun taking the local buses once we got acquainted with the place; don't miss visiting the handloom coop. Well worth it.

Do yourself a favour... If you are looking for a peaceful, beautiful, welcoming homestay with delicious food and an amazing location, look no further!!! :)

Thanks to Sreeranj and his family. We really had a wonderful stay and recommend your place to all who listen!

Ps. Sreeranj knew I was interested in Keralan culture so he told us about a local theyyam that was occurring while we were there. A very unique and local experience that we were privileged to be a part of!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Beautifully located homestay at Thottada beach, run by a very nice family. The house is situated in a garden with beautiful flowers and 80-100 year old Palm trees, during the day many kinds of birds like kingsfishers sing their songs nearby. The beach is about 2 minute walk and is clean and wide, not many people come here. It's possible to cross to the next beach and take long walks to burn off the delicious food cooked by a super nice and smiley lady at the homestay - we stayed 2 days and 2 nights and the food never repeated itself and was a real treat to our senses.
The owners were also very helpful in organizing anything and are ready to answer any question you might have about Indian life and culture.
Definitely recommend this lovely homestay to relax and enjoy nature and the food.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple