“Excellent Fish and Chips”
Review of Frydays

Frydays
Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Seaton
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Frydays we prepare only the finest quality British Potatoes, along with the highest quality seafood, sourced from sustainable stocks. Fried using our homemade batter in high quality oils to produce our famous award winning Fish & Chips.Our 90 seater restaurant is air conditioned and family friendly and we have a selection of children’s meals all offered with a free drink.We also provide high chairs if required.We have level access for the disabled and offer a senior citizens Special of Cod & Chips (inc. Pot of Tea or Coffee) at a reduced cost in our restaurant.
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Our senior citizens special of cod & chips and a pot of tea or coffee is available in our restaurant from Monday to Friday, available all year round (excluding bank holidays)for just £5.25
When in Seaton we always go here for fish and chips...it used to come with a small amount of salad but sadly non this time..the price is higher than (for just £5.25) as on the web site I think we paid just slightly under £14 for the 2 of us but still good value. The coffee is very nice and the meal comes piping hot straight from the fryer. Its not a huge amount but plenty for us,and very nice to be able to sit down inside and enjoy it.
We quite often have a take away too if we are feeling a bit peckish so its pleasant to sit on the front and share a box of chips.

1  Thank maureenm786

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We ate here based on previous reviews as a family of 4 on our 1st day on holiday. Friendly team and plenty of tables to eat in but I’m afraid to say the food was very average and a little tasteless. Portions sizes were fair, batter was light and crispy but my cod seemed watery and tasteless and the mixed fish/seafood platter was totally over cooked and really not edible which for ~£14 was disappointing. My husband had haddock which he said was lovely so not all bad. Good enough overall but not worth the hype and definitely not 5 star for us this time

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I really don't like giving a bad review. If you check my profile you'll notice its never been done before.

However, I've visited this place twice and both times they've forgotten part of my order.

Try calling and the phone just rings and rings and rings and rings.

While I appreciate places may be short staffed it's really not hard to work 4 tickets and check off orders before they're handed out.

1  Thank mammooman
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic. Nuff said. 17 of us creating chaos and still they find time to smile.
Awesome food and service.

1  Thank geoffshilt
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Popped into Frydays this evening for a sitdown dinner with my family. The staff are extremely polite and attentive. The fish was crumbly, flaky freshness with crisp thin batter at its best....none of that spongy oil filled stuff. Definitely the best fish and chips I've had in years

1  Thank Craig N