“One good problem”
Review of The Wild Caper

The Wild Caper
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Seaton
Description: A small restaurant in the heart of Seaton. We serve a wide range of Tapas and make changes to the menu each month so you can assured of variety! Our desserts always include a small selection plate where you can try a selection of 5 small dessert samples! We are fully licensed with a range of fine wines. We also use locally sourced produce whenever possible and our meat comes form Norman's the butchers next door. This is an eatery with atmosphere and great ambiance. We also offer a cocktail menu every Friday night. Booking recommended
Reviewed 24 April 2017

There are too many lovely things on the menu, the only option is to overeat or miss out on ordering something.
We actually ordered a total of 8 dishes, a "small" crushed garlic potato and a greek salad were two, ergo, in our minds we only really ordered 6! We didn't even get to order any of the specials as the regular menu was so appealing, we were not dissapointed.
All were delicious with the prawns three ways being our favourite, closely followed by the lamb tagine. Great place with great food and friendly staff.
We will be back, I suspect with it being relatively small they will be very heavily booked as the holiday season takes off so I think booking in advance will be essential and we will go with friends as we can then order and try everything!
If you like tapas I would strongly recommend giving this place a visit, we will be back.

One minor piece of constructive criticism: I think it must be a glass washer behind the bar area, when it is on, it is very loud in my opinion. It was only audible for maybe 5-10 mins but it registered and grated with both of us. Could it be moved to the kitchen?

Sarah S, Owner at The Wild Caper, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback and lovely comments about the food. We are glad you enjoyed it. As for the glasswasher-it developed a fault last week and is not normally quite so loud. There isn't room in the very small kitchen for it and it would be a bit chaotic if the bar staff had to keep coming in/out of the kitchen for glasses. I've requested for it to be repaired asap. Hopefully you will notice less noise on your next visit-we look forward to seeing you again,
Sarah (owner/chef)

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

What it lacks in size, only about 10 tables, it more than makes up for in food and service. Good variety of tapas on offer and a great specials board. The food was well cooked and offers authentic flavours. The price for two with no desert and a beer each was £36 which was very reasonable for our meal. The chorizo stew and the lamb tagine were particularly good.
I would recommend booking.

Sarah S, Owner at The Wild Caper, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for poting your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your meal. Must admit the tagine is my favourite thing to cook and I am just making a vegan version too. We hope to see you again, Sarah (owner/chef)

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Visited for an evening meal with friend was really happy we tried it, lots of different foods to try we all ended up sharing. Food is well presented and decent portions for the price. The puddings were also yummy. Will definitely return to try more. So nice to have something different in a small town like seaton

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We had various tapas to start, followed by pizza. The tempura prawns were delightful and as good as we have tasted in a long time. The pizza beat me but I was given a pizza box to take it home. We had lovely wine and all in all a great supper. Fantastic friendly service, just sad it wasn't also open on the Sunday otherwise we would have returned.

Sarah S, Owner at The Wild Caper, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for review. I am pleased you enjoyed the food and found the service friendly. Regarding Sunday opening-I'm afraid there just isn't enough demand this time of year to make it viable to open on Sunday nights. We will be open more often over the Easter period but not every night as I am the only chef. However I am currently training a 2nd chef up with the aim of being able to open every evening once the season is underway. We look forward to seeing you here again,
Sarah owner/chef.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Small, cosy restaurant, with friendly welcoming staff, and excellent food. Situated up Fore Street, in Seaton, slightly away from the sea front, you must seek out this lovely, mainly tapas restaurant. The tapas is great, and portions good, and there is always other Mediterranean style specials available as well.
We really enjoyed our evening there.
It's quite small so it's probably best to ring and book a table, especially in the summer season