“Large Menu With Tasty Food ”
Review of Purple Pakora

Purple Pakora
Ranked #13 of 92 Restaurants in Congleton
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

A group of us went on a Saturday night having pre booked. Friendly welcome. Large choice on menu to suit a variety of tastes. Service was a bit slow, had to remind drinks order. Food was tasty and a decent portions. Good large mans. Busy evening creating a good atmosphere. Clean toilets.

1  Thank Steve16588

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Booked a table well in advance for a Friday night, very busy on arrival. Drinks order was taken immediately, we had hardly sat down. Waited 15 mins for drinks then had to ask for our food order to be taken, had to order more drinks twice after we had been forgotten. After 1.5 hours no food and being mostly ignored - we left! Such a shame as the food is amazing and this is not the usual standard of service - usually excellent. They refused payment for the drinks and were very apologetic - would give them another go as the food is amazing and the service is normally spot on! I hope it was just a, one off, bad night...please sort it PP!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Lovely decor great food and reasonably priced. Came here for a family dinner and we were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and attentive. Can recommend the food here, not one of us had a bad meal. Will defo visit again.

2  Thank Kristen L
Reviewed 20 July 2018

I went here on a Friday evening with work for a leavers do. The table was booked well in advance for 18 people, when we arrived, which was only around 5 - 10 minutes early, it wasn't ready for us so we had to wait outside the building, thankfully it was a lovely summers evening. It was extremely busy in there and very noisy, which I suppose is normal for a Friday evening. Once seated you get your own drinks from the bar which is great when there was so many of us, the bar tender was obviously rushed of his feet and it took a while to be served. The waiter who then took our meal orders at the table had a terrible attitude. He was struggling to hear us because of all the noise in the room and because a few of us hadn't heard him he got annoyed. He spoke to one of my work colleagues as though he was a child and was extremely rude to him in front of all of the restaurant. We'd ordered our food around 9:15 ish, it took until 10:45 for it to be served. Now, I do have to say it was well worth the wait, my food was delicious probably one of the best curries I've actually had in a long time.
So overall very nice food but I'm not so sure about the staff. Maybe next time I go and I would go again I'll try an earlier week night when its not so busy and the staff may not be as irritate.

1  Thank 7449Mandy
bob b, Guest Relations Manager at Purple Pakora, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

I’m glad that everyone enjoyed the meal.
Your table was already set for 18 guests but not everyone arrived at once. A lot of times guests may book a table for 18 but only 9 arrive hence that’s why we try to do a head count before taking guests to a appropriate sized table.
It was hard to hear what your guests wanted to order because everyone on your table Were talking louder whilst I was taking the meal orders.
It’s usually common courtesy to pay a little attention whilst the waiter takes the meal order.
A lot of names of dishes may sound similar so we would encourage guests attention for a couple of minutes.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

So I booked via tastecard when we arrived it was quiet and we were put in a seat by the window with the aircon right above us blowing wildly so i asked to move so we got moved to this odd table thats right by the pillar rather than a nice table in the restaurant - so food was good and plentiful, bhajis we could have shared instead of having one serving each, timing was good - the food here is hotter than anywhere else but it is tasty. My issue is with the service, its hard to get any pleasantries or a smile out of anyone. then the bill came and they hadnt taken of the 241 discount so i raised it with them when i was told that i had to book in advance - i explained i had done this at which point they reluctantly took the bill away and reduced it by a main course and a starter (clearly the 241 doesnt stretch to rice or naan) i couldnt be bothered to argue so we asked for a card machine, nothing happened for another 5 minutes so we asked again to pay the bill, after another 5 minutes (bearing in mind the restaurant wasnt even a quarter full) we went to the counter, paid and left.

The food is nice here but I always come away feeling disappointed, ive been here 4 times now and i think that will be my last.