“Antiques Foray”
Review of The Loft Cafe

The Loft Cafe
Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in Congleton
Reviewed 12 July 2018

went out to the mill looking at Antiques ,on the top floor of this Mill is a right Gem ,its light and clean and very homely serving home made food.
I had a Roast Pork Sandwich with Salad but there was a good Menu available the staff were very helpful and on my second visit equally amiable
good value quality food and in great surroundings

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Have now called in twice to the café at lunchtime. Interesting menu. Had an excellent lamb pie on the first occasion that was one of the best pies I had tasted. On the second occasion had a mac and cheese that was nearly as good. The service is quick if you are calling in for a quick lunch. Everyone in our party of six enjoyed it.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Went today with my husband for a rare child free lunch.
Beautiful cafe, lovely Mediterranean music (felt like i was on holiday) lots of choices on menu. Plus a specials board.

I went with the brisket croquettes with mac n cheese. My husband had the same and we ordered the greek salad to share.
Service was quick, very friendly staff.
Food was stunning. The salad was piled high with feta, green beans, tomatoes and pistachios. Tasted so fresh.
I was very surprised that there was 4 brisket croquettes and a generous portion of mac and cheese for £7.50!! It was so delicious and so cheap!

Will definitely be going again. Would highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank NikkiA156
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We took my mother for some lunch 2 June. Ordered baked pot and tuna ... First issue no tuna. So asked for sausage and mash which was on the special board ... Waiter wasn't aware of the dish so had to go and ask.

Ordered tea for 2 and a special t. This came and the t for 2 pot was only marginally bigger than the t for one and only half full ..... So had to ask for some hot water.

Bangers and mash was very average and at 7.95 was a poor value, small plate of food.

Then ordered 3 scones .... Asked for fruit scones but there weren't any so opted for plain ones which was rather crumbly ... Too much butter apparently.

As for atmosphere again this was very basic/average ... No background music or anything you would remember.

The lift to get to 4th floor was a service list and out of the way.

The menu does identify vegetarian or vegan.

Overall there was nothing positive to remember.

1  Thank Northanlad13
sireatalotofskirt, Owner at The Loft Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Your review of my Cafe
Let’s dicect it
When you came in you smashed one of my pictures closing a window on a very hot day ,no apology.
Fruit tea makes one cup so we don’t fill the pots up as it makes it weak.
Hot water is available at no extra cost
We had a run on tuna and I did run out .it was late lunch when you came in .
The sausages are 100% pork butchers and come with Maris mash and roast tomatoes and red onion gravy
£7.95 I think is cheap compared to any pub usually 9-10£ .
Scones when homemade and by nature are crumbly
We are a very old building and the lift is part of its charm
May I suggest that if quantity over quality is what you were looking for there are plenty of greasy spoon cafes you could go to that do big portions of powdered mash and frozen budget sausages .
I think anyone who reads your review will think the same as me and dismiss it.
I would like to say come back and try us again but I don’t want you too.
Ian

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Following a lovely browse over three floors of antiques at the Victorian Mill Antiques we called into the Loft Cafe for a little brunch. The Loft Breakfast is outstanding value with high quality produce that you can really taste the difference in. Great setting quirky fixtures and fittings I think lol Drew Pritchard and Salvage Hunters would love it here! Will be returning for sure a real hidden gem in Congleton