“Great place”
other travellers have booked this property
Sunset over the mountains view from back deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Sunset over the mountains view from back deck
View of lake from back deck
Table for breakfast, lunch and dinner with stunning lake views
Hot tub 4-6 people
outdoors in nature surrounded by trees
Moonrise over the lake
Living room near back door
Master Bedroom top loft
Second bedroom top loft
Guest room. Separate entrance. 1 queen 2 singles.
Dining room area
View from Private Dock
Side of house looking back towards lake
Cannot figure out why Trip Advisor shows this upside down...but view of lake from dock
One of the spectacular sunsets  you will see from the back deck
Squirrels eat at their own table
Chipmunks love being fed from their cup
Rufette does not come with the place but sometimes he hangs out on the deck
They are remarkably agile
...and hungry sometimes
View of Owls Head from the lake
One part of the lawn showing lush trees and brush surrounding the property
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Montreal, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed 7 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Everything about our stay was wonderful. The owner Terry is extremely accommodating. We booked our trip at the last minute but he made sure our stay was comfortable and was easy to reach when needed. The cottage itself is simple but had everything we needed and then some. It feels quite spacious because of it’s layout. We slept in the queen bed upstairs and it was very comfortable. The cottage and grounds are very clean and tidy. The outdoor space is beautiful and very well maintained. The deck is spacious and wraps around the cottage. The view of the lake is absolutely gorgeous. No picture can truly capture how beautiful it is. Down below is a dock by the water with another gorgeous lake view and crystal clear waters below. The weather was warm and the water was at 68 so we enjoyed a swim. The cottage has Sirus Radio which can be played inside and out which we liked listening to. We appreciated the fact that the cottage is dog friendly as it is difficult to find cottages that allow dogs. Overall we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay, we will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

Nomad7265...
“A lovely cottage on a beautiful lake”
Reviewed 10 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Terry was an outstanding host. He kept in touch before we arrived and provided plenty of detailed information. He offered extra amenities and went out of his way to make sure everything was covered.

The cottage is very cozy and had everything we needed. The lake is excellent for swimming, and canoeing.

There is a lovely country grocery store, a pleasant 20 minute walk away (or a handy 4- minute drive). The beautiful countryside nearby has some delightful towns to visit. We didn't hike on this trip, but have gone to nearby Owl's Head and Mt. Orford for hiking on other trips - they are both close.

We would return to this spot again.

15 Aug 2017
Mark you had been just ideal guests. It is indeed a pleasure to have people who can truly enjoy the simplicity and beauty of nature and participate in quaint nature setting. I had the pleasure of meeting your wonderful family. I know the stay with me being at the end of a long roundabout tour throughout the province, and seeing your faces upon arrival knowing that you would now would be relaxing for a week was priceless. It would be an honor to host you any time in the future and I look forward to seeing you all again. Cheers, Terry Roth
wenlogsun...
Houston, Texas
“A terrific place and one of the prettiest views I have ever seen”
Reviewed 4 July 2017 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

This place was a nice surprise indeed. In many cases, the place never really matches the photos, but in this case, it was better than the pictures.

My family (husband, 3 kids and a dog Otis) spent a week here last July and we are heading back this year for another week in August. After we got back, the kids didn't stop talking about our vacation and now that we booked to go back, starting packing about a month ago and are so anxious to come back, they are counting the "sleeps". We would have taken 2 weeks had the place been available.

My husband loved the nearby golf course at Owls Head, so he would head out there in the mornings while we either stayed at the cottage playing at the lake or taking drives around the countryside. The whole area is pretty, rolling hills and large farms, then mountains jutting up out of nowhere. We are close to the US border so we can see the Green mountains of Vermont. We took a day trip to a Vermont town called 'Newport' and even the border guards are friendly.

One of my kids went hiking up Owls Head with a friend and told us all about the views from up there saying "we could see for hundreds of miles".

The cottage has all the comforts of home, and has a well organized and maintained kitchen fro its size.

Our previous 'cabin rental' ended up being a rickety shack with cobwebs and the smell of old carpets so we had set our standards low but Terrys place is clean, modern, bright, organized, fresh and very welcoming and homey for a nice summer vacation.

The house feels spacious as it is completely open so you have the view of the lake from pretty much everywhere, I guess that was the design and it works well. My husband is an architect and I caught him sketching the plans for this house, so it must have impressed him.

Most of where you live and eat is on one level, there is a choice barbecues and we used both. The outside table is just outside the rear door on the back deck over the water so we ate there most of the time.

The bedrooms are small and basic and we had these funky 70s styles retro sheets, but the beds are super comfortable. We all slept so well here. I did catch the sunrise over the lake one morning and it felt like we were on another planet, so pristine shining across the foggy lake.

Its just residents on the road, so there is no thru traffic, meaning its quiet. Very quiet except for the sound of the waterfall which I found is quite relaxing as I was catching up on my reading in the sun.

Even though the place is smallish, with the 5 of us it was perfect. Everything worked (a rarity in these summer rentals I hear).

What was important to us as a family was to spend a vacation safely and quiet with few outside distractions and to have sufficient activities for the kids to enjoy a real summer vacation by the water, and we found it all here.

You cannot go wrong with this place. top rate!

WL

Your age range 35-49
5 Jul 2017
Hey Wendy, thank you for such a nice review. You guys were amazing guests too. I upgraded some of the cottage since your visit so you with see and feel) the improvements when you come back. And I think someone left more 'stuffed owls' to decorate. Did your daughter get her honors again this year? I am looking forward to you coming back this year. I am now on TripAdvisor as you can see, so you can actually check the calendar and book thru this website. They handle the deposit and all that with your cc so you don't have to empty those bank machines and bring that wad of cash like last year. As you know I am flexible on check in and out so we can work out what suits you best as long as it works with other guests. So see you soon! Don't forgot your spa flip flops!
Paradise4...
“Gorgeous views”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This cottage is very cozy with magnificent views of the lake from inside. We loved BBQing outside on the deck while taking in the lake views and then after dinner, relaxing in the hot tub with drinks. Wifi worked well as did the Sirius radio channels.
We had plenty of room as the main house has 1 queen and 1 double bed upstairs in the loft and there is another private bedroom with 2 single and 1 queen bed underneath the main house.
The setting on the lake is lovely. The cottage sits high above the lake so offers spectacular views of the lake and has a nice green space in front of the house with another charcoal BBQ, comfy chairs and a fire pit. Lake access is via stairs to the dock where the paddle boat is moored.
Owl's Head golf course, shopping in Mansonville or a trip to Bolton Spa are all only a 10 min drive away.
The owner is very responsive to any request and made the experience even more enjoyable.

5 Jul 2017
Hey Jeremy, I know you are a regular guest and I always love the company of you and your family whenever you visit. Always a pleasure to have you back!
Thank you for a nice review.
Kendra80
“Quiet Weekend Away With an AMAZING View!”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I had booked this cottage for my family and another couple for our visit in Canada. We also visited Montreal, which was only 1.5hr away. The cottage is more than what I expected! We met Terry upon our arrival. He was friendly and very thorough with the tour and always responded quickly to my emails prior to our visit. The cottage had everything we would need for the weekend - we only had to pack our food and clothes!

There's plenty of sleeping space for everyone and even a bedroom with multiple beds separate from the rest of the cottage. This actually came in handy when our friends arrived quite late Friday night; they could unpack and unwind from the 2.5hr drive without disturbing the rest of the group.

The view from the balcony was AMAZING! I watched the sunrise Saturday morning and then the humming birds and squirrels started to stir shortly after. This really is a wonderful place to get away from it all and just enjoy the company that you're with. We will definitely keep this cottage in mind for any future trips to Quebec!

5 Jul 2017
Hi Kendra, its too bad you came in May before the summer season started and you were not able to enjoy using the lake. But you certainly did well in the Owls Head Triathalon and I would love to you and your wonderful family back again soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing