See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a boutique hotel with individually styled rooms & quirky interior & features.
The rooms are comfortable but are maybe a little tired, my room had dim lighting, a light shade hanging on by some cellotape, one that would not switch on & there was no air con. That meant I had to leave the Windows open & hear a lot of road noise. Although I was tired so my sleep was not disturbed.
The pizzeria was amazing, fresh & delicious. The restaurant was good but very filling.
The mini bar in my room was not cold. The shower was good but not well designed. It was awkward to get into the bath with the shower screen and water went through onto the floor.
The staff were however amazingly friendly.
Good overall experience but maybe just some improvements required to bring it back to former glory.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2015

If you find yourself in Spittal an der Drau you could do worse than stay here. Its very friendly (I got a beer from the receptionist as she checked me in). We used the Pizzaria in the hotel which was quite good - proper pizza oven (it only serves pizza) and there is a nice little bar next door. THe rooms are decorated quirkily but clean, comfortable and a good size. I would stay there again! Not much parking but you can park on the road outside overnight.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spent a night there - what an amazing place.We had to try the Post Box, one of the smaller rooms but nicely equipped and situated. I know Spittal/Drau for many years, Schloss Porcia with its festival is a well known place for Austrians - and I think you would appreciate it too. It is a hotel you will not easily find elsewhere and we are looking forward to visit it again. Personal is friendly and helpful, food is good, and the ambiente is just outstanding. Try it out, have an open mind.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeliOpa
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just five minutes from the Porcia Palace this quirky, eccentric antidote to the big hotel chains offers boutique hotel style with artistic attitude. From the Fiat 500 in the bar to elderly nut-brown and whipcord thin cyclists riding their machines to the reception desk, the hand-labelled lift and the humorous decoration the erudite touches are deft and natural - this is a labour of love, not a designer experiment by an absent mind.

Comfortable, big, airy rooms all individually themed, beautifully cleaned and a church clock that's silent between 9pm and 7am, a bar and restaurant complete what is a must-see hotel in Spittal an der Drau

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Good location. Position around various restaurant. I stayed in room with 3 single beds. Room's size quite enough, not to big. But its all clean. Breakfast on the ground floor. Food and choices of drinj also good

• Stayed: July 2012