All reviewsafternoon teacourse taster menuboutique hotelfine diningbeautiful hotelbrasserie menusconessunday lunchyorkshire breakfastbirthday treatamazing decorcopper bathlarge loungekings grillpetit fourswithout fussattention to detail
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Met friends for a meal. I had the Cesar salad which was delicious followed by the lemon posset with shortbread which was the best I’ve ever had. We all thoroughly enjoyed the food. The atmosphere was great and the staff efficient and friendly. Would recommend and will definately be visiting again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Overall very happy with the stay, arrived late at night from a long drive from Birmingham and was greeted by night porter Russell, absolutely top guy and nothing was to much trouble for Russell who made us feel very at home.
Hotel is unique and at every corner you want to have a nose into. If i was to offer any negative it was Room 31, given it was the weekend of the Beast From The East 2 the easterly wind made the room feel like a butchers storeroom. To be fair the radiators were on all weekend but the drafty Victorian windows struggled to keep the beast out.

So best stay in the unique bar with a fabulous choice of gins and ales ;)
Breakfast was outstanding and the food is to the highest standards.

Would we stay again.......oh yes and would love to be sat with Russell in the bar this Friday evening and having a chat. Hope to be back soon!!

Room Tip: Avoid room 31 in the winter :)
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I took my family for a late Christmas meal. I was looking for a restaurant with a good reputation. One of my family suggested Brockley hall.First impressions were good ,the outside is large old Victorian house. The interior has been decorated commensurate with the period and has a beautiful and period ambience. The staff are attentive and polite. We had a drink first in a small cramped bar at the front of the premises, I understand that you can call in for a drink without dining so I imagine most of the people in the room were not dining. We were taken through into the dining room and sat at a large circular table for my party of six. The menu is good with a mix of popular dishes. My party had a mix of the starters and thoroughly enjoyed them. The main course selection is good. The main courses selected were sirloin steak,fish and pasta.The steaks in particular were excellent and cooked to perfection,the salmon dish also was well presented and tasty. I had a burger and it was one of the best burgers I had tried. Every body was happy with their meal and had a great evening. The cost of the evening was reasonable taking into consideration the high quality of the food and the beautiful surroundings. A great venue and we will be going back very soon. Recommended.

Room Tip: Did not stay at the hotel but I’m sure it will be good.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan P
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This is the second time we have stayed at Brockley Hall for my birthday. On arrival we were greeted at reception with an upgraded room. It was explained that as the suite had not been booked, rather than leaving it empty the hotel tries to upgrade its current guests where possible. The upgraded room was exceptional; roll top bath, four poster bed, luxury shower, wonderful front facing view. This generous surprise made my weekend!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aimeehorsley
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Booked afternoon tea for 3 people. We arrived at reception and the lady showed us through to lounge and gave us a table by the window. The sun was shining so she asked did we want blinds dropping excellent. We were then given a menu for afternoon tea and explained how it works (you can swap sandwiches etc) my husband was having the savoury afternoon tea. We were presented with our food and a large pot of very strong tea (we also had a pot of hot water). I also had a tonic water as I don't drink tea or coffee. We started to eat our food and after 15 mins the young waitress asked if everything was ok. I have to say the food was excellent. At no point after that were we asked did we want anything else. We were ready to leave there were no staff around to ask for the bill. We went back to reception and told "you need to go down there to pay" the till is near the restaurant and kitchen area. We waited for about 15 minutes till eventually someone came to take payment. The location and quality of food is great. However I feel the service definitely falls short, there didn't seem to be any management around. Other people came in to the lounge for tea & scones etc and when they left the tables were not cleared away. I would go back but please look at the service because its the only thing letting you down.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple