“Go for it!”

Ranked #15 of 126 Restaurants in Cerveteri
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Sasso is a 10-minute drive up a bumpy road off the Via Aurelia, and the restaurant is a spacious country villa. As an evening meal, we shared a ham antipasto and, as a special treat, one of us had pasta with truffles (a unique flavour). Next to us, they were serving a table of 20, but this had no impact: we received kind, friendly, and quick service (English-speaking). The atmosphere is pleasant, and the pricing modest and very fair: we paid 60 euro for three people and were charged only for one glass of wine (the glasses are huge, and two of us shared). Driving back down, the lights of the seaside resorts reminded me of views from Mt. Etna. I would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I had dinner with my family and the experience was very good. the food was very good and also the service. not particularly cheap however.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Yummy lunch and great service. The food was very fresh! The beef filet was excellent and the fettuccine pomodoro was tasty!

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Very good lunch. Antipasto complete. Very affordable wine list. The polenta con salsiccia was excellent.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Each time we come back to the area we always make a point of coming here and the food is always excellent, from the simple bruschetta al pomodoro, the tagliolini with fior di zucca and speck, to the scaloppine al limone or the maiale con mele e prugne. We have never been disappointed until tonight, although not with the quality of the food. We also ordered palate fritte with our main course, the mains arrived but nothing else, despite asking again, nothing! When we had finished our mains and the waiter came to clear the plates he told me that the patate wouldn't be long! I explained we ordered them with our main, hence the word contorni! I was given a woeful explanation that they had to make fresh, they weren't frozen - I know that but if they were not ready why bring the main course, furthermore a nearby table were served their mains with patate immediately after us, and several more plates of patate followed but still not ours. I do not appreciate being lied to.
This is one occasion when I reluctantly fear, although they seem friendly enough and pleased to see our return, ultimately we are foreigners - although I speak fluent Italian! I have never felt or thought this in all my time either living here or returning for visits to this beautiful country.
This was a disappointing end to an otherwise delicious meal.