“Simple, home made and tasty”
Review of Chaplins

Chaplins
Ranked #21 of 61 Restaurants in Luz
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2016

This restaurant has a short menu, very much aimed at the British market. You can get garlic prawns and piri piri chicken, but you can also get lasagne, beef curry and fish and chips. Everything comes with salad or peas and mash, boiled or chipped potatoes. It's run by a by a very friendly English lady, and it's all pretty simple.

The food is not fancy, but it all tastes home cooked and prepared. It's all tasty, fresh and reasonably priced. It's not as fancy looking as some of the other nearby options, but you can do a lot worse.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was good. We hadn't booked but managed to get a table. Attentive staff. My sword fish was gorgeous. Restaurant not much to look at but worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Wonderful night at Chaplins Prias de Luz .. food was fantastic and the staff attentive to our every needs .. a must visit if you ever stay in the area ..

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Nice food at a reasonable price. Restaurant is quite small with some outdoor seating. Good range on the menu and all 6 were v happy with their food. The only negative was the staff or lack of. The night we were there the service was slow because there wasnt enough people serving and one of the staff appeared to have been drafted in on an emergency basis.Reasonable price including wine. Would return if the service was better. Maybe we were unlucky.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

After being recommended to eat here I certainly wouldn't pass on the recommendation!

It took 20 minutes for someone to take our drinks order - may I add (this was after my partner had to find the waiter)! Another 10-15 minutes for our drinks to arrive after being sat on the side.

We then had to ask to order our food. Which was 40 minutes - my partner asked for peppercorn sauce which came out WHITE. He asked the waiter if it was in fact peppercorn sauce and he answered "not sure, believe so if it's what you ordered". Rather than offering to check.

My partner asked for mayonnaise and the waiter asked he looked round the sauce pots on the table!

The food was standard.

My partner had half a pint left to drink and I had around a quarter of a glass of wine. The waiter rudely interrupted and asked that we "make up our bill" however we could take as long as we wanted with the drinks. Rude considering we'd only just stopped eating.

There are not a lot of table here and after working in a restaurant myself chaplins is small and therefore they need to prioritise tasks!

Also, a smile wouldn't hurt from the waiter!

1  Thank Katie D