All reviews every morning table settings wonderful hospitality quiet beach fresh fruit the owner renee heaven harbour balconies terrace town samos views jams luxury hill
Reviewed 5 June 2018

My partner and I have just returned from Hotel Cattleya, Kokkari, Samos.
We were warmly welcomed by Renee and Katerina, who really
couldn't have been any more friendly and helpful.
Our room was delightful, a lovely veranda overlooking the village of Kokkari and views right across The Agean to Kusadasi, a great start and finish to our days.
Breakfast was always a beautiful surprise, fresh fruit of numerous kinds, lovely home made yoghurt, honey, eggs, cold meats, breads, pastries, jams and great coffee and juices! Every morning a selection of these things would be presented in a truly artistic and loving way,with an awful lot of care and attention to detail.
Always a pleasant chat with the two ladies of the house, information on the island, arranging car hire, and generally being pointed in the right direction.
We loved our stay at Hotel Cattleya, such a personal experience, and one that will be repeated.
Huge thanks to Renee and Katerina
Dermot and Faddy, London.

Stayed: May 2018
Renee K, Owner at Hotel Cattleya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, compliments and kind words.
It was such a pleasure to have you both at Hotel Cattleya and to have the honour of hosting your Samos Holiday at Hotel Cattleya.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Thank you Renee and Katerina for the most wonderful, relaxing stay in Hotel Cattleya. Breakfast on the terrace overlooking the beautiful village of Kokkari and Aegean sea was a perfect start to the day. The beach with excellent facilities - beach bar and a restaurant- just a 5 minute walk. It was difficult to leave, I shall return.

Kokkari just 5 mins walk with

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Renee K, Owner at Hotel Cattleya, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Thank you it was a great pleasure to host your stay at Hotel Cattleya.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Dear Renee and Katerina

Hotel Cattleya is my idea of HEAVEN and I loved every second of my stay with you.

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Without doubt, 10 out of 10 for everything; from your charming hotel itself with its luxury home from home feel, it's spectacular location at the top of the hill with amazing views, and I loved the fact that the beach and restaurants were only a short walk away.

I'm a London based Interior Designer, and your attention to detail did not go unnoticed. I loved and appreciated it all.

The bedrooms were immaculate, and the bedlinen superb with fresh crisp towels supplied daily.

The breakfasts were without doubt, my favourite part of the day and every morning I looked forward to my ART ON A PLATE!

The table settings on the terrace were quite fabulous and I loved that they differed each day, which I thought was an outstanding touch. This only added to the presentation of your delicious food which was a visual and gastronomic delight. You made me the perfect cappuccino, and I really enjoyed your homemade yoghurts with fresh fruit, the bread varieties with homemade island jams, and the warm fruit or cheese pastries. Every mouthful was SUBLIME.

You and Katerina are a dream team and I cannot thank you enough for your kindness and wonderful hospitality. Nothing was an effort for you; from booking my taxi, or restaurant, or creating an itinerary of what to do each day, or making up my 'take away' breakfast on the day of my very early morning island bus tour.

Quite simply: Outstanding. Uitstaande. Hervorragend. Excepcional. Exairetikí.

I'll be back in April and September 2018 and cannot wait.

Many thanks and my very best regards to you both.

Brian Wade

Durban, South Africa and Kensington, London

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Brian W
Renee K, Owner at Hotel Cattleya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your amazing review.
I too look forward to hosting your holiday in 2018.
It was a great pleasure having you as a guest at Hotel Cattleya.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I had booked myself in for 7 nights after some time in Athens and it was just what the doctor ordered.
The location of Cattleya was perfect. The waterside town with all the restaurants and bars just two minutes walk and exactly what I was looking for. The gorgeous beach is on your doorstep. I found myself needing less to travel to another beach or town as all was right there and the views are stunning.

The hotel itself is in a lovely, stone building the balcony overlooking the blue sea and town and has a special feel. My room was well appointed, extremely comfortable and as a whole the hotel is tastefully decorated.

Top Tip.....don't skip breakfast which seems to be lovingly prepared and is an opportunity to find out all you need to know or just have general chat with your wonderful hosts.

Thank you CoCo and Caterina for making my stay so memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony and you will be happy with whatever one you have
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Renee K, Owner at Hotel Cattleya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful positive review.
It was a pleasure to host your visit to Samos at Hotel Cattleya.

Kind regards
Renee ( Coco )

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We have stayed here for 2 nights, only and unfortunately. It was a memorable holiday for me and my wife.

Hotel is a few meters away from a very quiet beach with a wonderful sea and facility including a beach bar. You can relax all day there. We stayed all 3 days in this beach without searching for the alternatives whereas there are numerous in Samos.

The hotel is only 7 room boutique hotel where the rooms have magnificient panoroma. I advise large rooms with terraces to enjoy your holiday.

From the hotel, you can walk to Kokkari centre in 1 minute and can have a very good dinner there. (In another review with details)

Specific paragraph to the owner, Renee, is the most important difference of the hotel from all others; she arranged taxi , she arranged dinner, she adivsed beach, she prepared wonderful breakfeasts, she shared her time to make wonderful morning chats together like a family and she never forgot to share her positive energy.

Thanks for this memorable holiday. We will come back.

Room Tip: Large double room with terrace
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Renee K, Owner at Hotel Cattleya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review.
It was such a great pleasure having you and I look forward to seeing you again soon for an extra length of stay. Your visit to Hotel Cattleya was a memorable time too.

Kind regards