All reviewsgreek nighthalf boardhotel buslemonakia beachholiday repmass tourismbreakfast and dinnerper daysmall hotelbeautiful islandbungalowinternetbeacheshilltownsamosviews
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Pro

1. The area surrounding Arion Hotel is absolutely stunning no matter what room you've booked. My view from the balcony consisted of beautiful mountains enveloped by lush green nature, a picturesque view of the village of Kokkari and the very well maintained garden and terrain. Very soothing and a treat for your eyes.

2. The hotel is very clean. Rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. When you return after a day of exploring your room is as clean and fresh as the first day. Fresh linen every day. The cleaning staff does a very thorough job! Pool, restaurant, garden... Same thing. Very clean.

3. Breakfast and dinner was great. There is plenty of choice ranging from local to american and european cuisine. Every day some dishes changed. I could find something I loved to eat every day. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, meat and fish, desserts, side dishes... The chefs obviously care for the quality and presentation. Not once did I saw something of bad quality.

4. Restaurant crew is clearly well trained. They make you feel welcome. They are very polite. They work fast. You can tell the team handles the pressure of lots of guests with ease. They were very familiar with a lot of guests, but they don't intrude on your stay.

5. Location. Kokkari village is but a small walk away from the hotel. After a ten minute walk along a little pathway starting at the pool, you end up at the beach. But I also suggest taking a left and visiting other nearby beaches. There are only pebble beaches in the north. For sand, look to the southern part of Samos.

6. Air-conditioning works like a charm.

7. Reception is well versed in languages and very helpful.

Cons

1. There is no WiFi in the room itself. There is WiFi in the public areas but it had errors and wasn't always reliable.

2. Drinks were expensive. 2.5 euro for a small cola and 4 euro for a beer made us only order a bottle of water during dinner. (Same price)

3. While it didn't bother me personally, there was no plug for the bath.

4. While I sort of understand the reasoning behind it, I felt it was a shame the pool closed rather early at 20h.

As you can see the cons aren't really that serious. My experience here was great and I would recommend this to anyone seeking a relaxing stay in this beautiful island. I also very, very highly suggest you get a rental car. I guarantee you this place deserves it.

Room Tip: Room 307 is close to the parking. View consisted of mountains, the village of kokkari and beyond. Stunning at night and during the day.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rhea S
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately we were not even able to visit this hotel in Samos! Imagine, we were supposed to fly to Samos on Saturday 05.07.2017 and suddenly on Wednesday 02.08.2017 (only a couple days before) we have received an information that ARION hotel is OVERBOOKED and we CAN NOT COME. We have booked our trip one month before!!!! We have been waiting for this trip for a long time, we took the time off at work for summer holidays to go there.
(Go)Bucher Reisen (Thomas Cook) told us that they can't do anything and offered us another hotel in Samos ( it was worse hotel, it was 3 stars instead of 4 stars, was located somewhere in Samos town, the nearest beach would be 850 meters away, the pictures and comments were not great!). As we read online later, this was a very "under booked" hotel as well.
Our travel agency told us that we would get money back for this trip, but is it fair????!!! It is the easiest way to give customers money back! And what is about our trip and our days off?
First of all the prices went up, everything is overbooked almost everywhere!! Our holiday mood is destroyed!!!
Please, be aware that a few days before flying to Samos you might get an info that ARION hotel is overbooked!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunnykatya1990
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We decided visit this hotel after 3 years again. And I have to say with pleasure that everything was gone as last one. Great people, great services and kitchen, amazing point on this island. Great value for this hotel is its location. Hotel is placed alone from mass tourism on very quite place in carefully maintained garden. Accommodation is divided to very small hotel part and part with garden houses/villas and bungalows. By foot you can reach every day Kokkari village and the closest beaches (Kokkari, Lemonakia, Tsamadou) or you can you hotel bus for free. For lazy people is pool available. We were using pool only in the morning before breakfast or on our return from wholeday trips across the island. Every day you can enjoy for rich breakfastes and fabulous dinners (1x weekly with live music and 1x weekly with open greek night). Meals served in the inside or outside restaurant are often much better than in tavernas in the surrounding area on the island. Every day you can enjoy and taste all greek or mediterian cuisine. Our room was in the bungalow (801 - recommend, we were staying in same bungalow for 3-times) is clean, cozy, well equipped (TV, fridge, spacious bathroom) with large terrace daily precise cleaned (towels, shampoos and body showergels). All staff is very helpfull. That's all to Arion hotel. If you choose this one you will not be disappointed, sure, believe me.

And now some tips you must see (beaches), don't look for anything else and alternate these beaches (our TOP10):
1. Kaladakia beach - fabulous
2. Mini Tsabou beach (unnamed beach, from Tsabou beach on the right side, swim around the rocky app. 20m or from end of Avlakia village in the first sharp turn (here left car) and by foot on right side app. 50meters by foot through steep rocky) almost no people
3. Tsabou beach - great taverna available
4. Mikro Seitani - accessible only by foot (app. 25min) almost no people
5. Livadaki beach - only one fine-sand beach on the island (ala Dominicana)
6. Mourtia beach - dusty background, but great views and scenery
7. Mikri Lakka beach - only by foot (app. 5min) almost no people
8. Megalo Lakka beach - only by foot, behind the ad7) almost no people
9. Megalo Seitani - only by foot, must see, great scenery
10. Tsamadou and Lemonakia beach - busy but nice scenery and surroundings

Room Tip: Our bungalow #801 or any house or villas in the garden
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Marek_Sulc
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We went there for our honeymoon, and everything was perfect!!! Rooms and hotel are very clean, the staff is amazing, they are all very nice and polite and welcoming. The hotel itself is one amazing place with the most beautiful view!!! It even has a swimming pool if you don`t feel like going to the beach, but I don`t think that will happen. The hotel offers shuttle-bus to Kokkari center, Lemonakia beach and Tsamadou beach. We had half-board included and meals were delicious! I would recommend Arion hotel to everyone!!!

Room Tip: The blue bungalow is located at the end of the complex, so if you want the best view and total peace, I would recommend it to you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teodora K
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My family and I have just returned from Samos, where we have spent amazing 10 days. Since we were travelling for the first time with two kids, it was of high importance for us to book nice hotel in natural environment. As experienced travellers, we have learned not to expect to see in reality what is on internet and travel brochures, in order to avoid disappointments, but in this case, when we arrived to the hotel, everything looked even better than expected. Beautiful surrounding, well-maintained lawns, flowers, palms, rock paths, extremely clean and tide pool area, literally everything exceeded our expectations. And that was just the beginning of our holiday.
We have got a room in one of many bungalows that are spread along hotel area, which was very nice, bright and clean, but, if I have to name one downside, could have been a bit bigger for a family room. Room was cleaned on daily basis, towels and bed linen changed multiple times during our stay. Food that was served for breakfast and dinner was good, you could always find something new that meets your taste, and there was always plenty of fruits and desserts which you could enjoy after a meal. One downside could be related to instant juices from machine that were served during breakfast.
And now something about service. People working in Arion hotel and on Samos generally are extremely polite, which is characteristic for places that are not completely devastated with mass tourism. We have been treated always with smile and politeness, whenever we needed anything. As I said, all the people from hotel were nice to us, but I just need to mention Mrs. Irene from the restaurant and Mr. Dimitris, our chef, who were absolutely amazing. They have shown unbelievable amount of care, patience, devotion and professionalism in their everyday work, always with natural smile and kindness. Really nice people who made our stay wonderful as it was and made us thinking of coming again to the same hotel in following years.
Overall, this hotel is on fantastic hill position overlooking town of Kokkari, it does not have its own beach, but it offers free shuttle bus that operates to/from closest Lemonaki and Tsamadou beaches several times per day. However, my advice to all people coming to Samos is to consider car rental as a must, and like us, to explore many different beaches and landmarks that this beautiful island has to offer.

Room Tip: Family rooms are located in bungalows.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family