See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 February 2015

We are long-time friends of the wonderful folks who have Zen Gardens and have been visiting for over a decade and this is the most beautiful place on earth. It is truly a world-class botanical garden spread over several acres. Above is the only road, below is one of the many rivers, and above the road is national forest. It is surrounded by mountains and jungle, bursting with color, mist and mystery. There are several cottages, and from each not a single manmade thing can be seen, not even the other cottages. Bathrooms and showers with hot water are steps away. Fabulous meals of local or American style foods are available. Incredible sites for hiking, birding, caving, swimming, diving and snorkeling are all within a short day trip. Like waterfalls? How about a cave with a waterfall in front? After a hike through giant gum trees and banyans with every flower imaginable all around you? Or, how about a cave with a waterfall inside of it? All this and much more awaits the adventurous at Zen Gardens Dominica.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roger O
Reviewed 16 September 2014

If you are looking for silent and beautiful place in the middle of nature without anything extra this is your choice. We spent some days there just wondering in the lush garden, taking bath in the river and enjoying delicious food cooked by the friendly hosts. And you should try Rita's magical massage. The guest house is in the middle of the island and the road is quite tricky so 4W drive is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Any room is good :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pieti p
RitaGleauGommier, Owner at Zen Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

HI Pieti. Thank you so much for your review. We truly enjoyed having the two of you stay with us, and we're so glad you had a good time! We hope to see you again some day!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I enjoyed the most tranquil week of my life since I got married & had a child. A full week of no responsibilities! Totally comfortable and completely safe. No mosquitoes, which blew my mind. Food was delicious. I had a well deserved "zen" time. I'm going back. Haven't stopped planning since I got home. I live in St Thomas. So, life is pretty good here, but ..,

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank belongerSt_Thomas
Reviewed 9 September 2013

If you are looking to have a relaxing vacation in the jungle there is no better place than Zen Gardens in Dominica. The beauty of this place can only be surpassed by the hospitality that Kirk and Rita, the owners, serve up while you stay at the most beautiful place on the island! Kirk and Rita team up to give you a phenominal experience while you rest, relax and enjoy the amazing sights, sounds and scents of their property. I stayed for 2 weeks in the middle of the summer and the temperature at Zen Gardens ranged from 70 to 79 degrees! How is that for perfection in paradise? Kirk and Rita provide everything you will want to have an incredible experience in Dominica. From the food they prepare to the knowledge they have of the island and also the best massage you can get possibly on planet Earth! If you think the jungle environment is not for you because of bugs that may bite you, no need to worry about that at Zen Gardens! I never even saw a mosquito during my 2 week stay! I have been to several other tropical places in the last 25 years and none of them can compare to the experience I had in Dominica. Kirk and Rita played a big role in that. You can visit many beautiful places on this planet, however you don't always get the love that Kirk and Rita provided. They play a huge role in your overall experience. If I could live there permanently I would move today?

Room Tip: The Bamboo Love Shack is my favorite, but all of their individual jungle huts will provide a priceless experience in the jungle.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank smile011866333
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

The whole time we stayed at Zen Garden I kept thinking that we were in a small slice of paradise. Rita was out of town when we visited,we had Kirt cook our meals and they were good . He also gave us good advice planning our trip. The cabin was comfortable, it was nice to sleep to the sound of rain, birds, frogs and insects. The river on the property was lovley with a nice swimming hole. I am glad we chose to stay at Zen Garden for the week we were on Dominica.

P.S. This is off subject but avoid LIAT airline at all cost.

• Stayed: June 2013