We have just returned from a wonderful 9 nights at this lovely beach resort hotel. The actual hotel is split into 3 sections - central is the Baobab, then either side are the Kole Kole and Maridadi. All 3 are within easy distance to each other through beautiful well kept gardens. The 3 tier infinity pool at Maridadi is spectacular and is where we spent much of our time. There is a little man made beach so you can remain in the resort without having to go on the main beach (beware, there are a lot of pedlars hoping to sell their wares to you and will follow you along the beach). Views are stunning from the pool area. Another lovely pool at Kole Kole which is more suitable for children as there is a very shallow end - again an infinity pool and lovely garden areas. The Baobab pool is the smallest, but lovely too. All pools have bars close by - Maridadi pool has swim up bar. All have restaurants for breakfast/lunch right by. All the restaurants were fantastic, it was hard to choose which to go to of an evening. At Maridadi the restaurant is raised and overlooks the beach. Kole Kole has some nice outdoor seating and a lovely comfy bar area and seemed quite quiet and the Baobab had two tier seating in a lovely environment. The food is the same whichever you choose and was always served with a smile! All meals are self service but you are seated and poured wine/teas/coffees etc by the waiters who are so friendly. The ampitheatre puts on great shows in the evening - well worth a visit. Show starts at 9.30 for approximately 50 minutes - entertained by the Jambo Team! There are plenty of activities to occupy you during the day if you want to join in. Hotel has tennis courts, archery, table tennis, pool, dart board - organised aqua aerobics, yoga, water sports. There is a diving club at the resort - you can go snorkelling, boating, fishing etc. A wonderful spa area is set within it's own little village within the complex and a gym looks out to the sea. Watch out for the monkeys who roam around the grounds - they will pinch anything edible. I had just sat down with my lunch and one jumped from nowhere and swiped a handful of vegetables from my plate. Same thing happened with a lady's cake at afternoon tea! We woke one morning to find one sat on our patio, he had obviously pinched a coffee creamer from someone's room and had opened the sachet and was eating it from the packet!! You are warned to keep your door shut to prevent them from entering your room but there are netted screens to pull across if you are in the room or on your balcony. We had a standard room which was fine - very spacious but the patio was small although we barely sat out there because we were happy around the pool area most of the time. All the rooms appeared to look out over the sea & pool areas so I don't think there is a bad spot but if you want a larger balcony I would suggest perhaps upgrading room and staying around Maridadi area on one of the upper floors (although most of the monkey's hung around this area). Tea/coffee making facilities, fridge & aircon in all rooms. Room a little tired (bathroom mainly) but this is Africa and we were very surprised by the size of the room. Resort was quiet even though a large complex so am guessing it was not full too capacity. Plenty of sunbeds to go around. Service was slow at the swim up pool bar but probably because the same staff operate from dry side too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the world famous Diani Beach. The resort comprises three luxurious properties – The Baobab, The Maridadi and Kole Kole, offering a unique selection of exquisite accommodation and facilities spread across the resort grounds. Guestrooms have been specifically designed to provide paramount comfort and luxury for all our clients. Guests may utilise leisure facilities across the resort including 3 swimming pools, dining areas and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays and Agoda so you can book your Baobab Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Resort And Spa
- The Baobab - Baobab Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Baobab Beach Hotel Diani