“Stunningly beautiful, ambient and romantic setting”

Ali Barbour's Cave Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Diani Beach
Price range: US$33 - US$79
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You'd be hard pushed to find a more romantic place to dine than Ali Barbour's Cave Restaurant, set inside an ancient coral cove and lit by warm candlelight. The a la carte menu specializes in seafood, international & traditional cuisine and is accompanied by a great wine-list so take your time over dinner.The Restaurant opens every day from 7pm. Reservation Required.Courtesy transfer from Hotels in Diani.Dress Code: Smart casual. No shorts, no hats.We apologize we do not allow children 6 and under.Cigars from our humidor available.
Reviewed 5 September 2015

Unfortunately, Ali Barbour has dropped the ball....
In my 15/20 years of going there, I was extremely disappointed for the first time! I even went twice, in case they were having a bad day, in fact it was much nicer on our Easter trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed 3 September 2015

Fantastic setting - we were seated under the coral cave opening and were treated to a full moon view during our meal. Despite some poor service reviews from others, we had a great waitress who managed our group of 10 beautifully. Food was good, fresh but not exceptional (highlights were the seafood platter, local oysters and spicy crab) . Wine list was good, but they were out of most offerings. Nonetheless, recommend for the experience and view.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

The ambiance in this restaurant is simply out of this world, I was amazed that I was dining in a natural coral cave. The lighting and noise level were just right, or maybe I was just so taken away by my surroundings that nothing else mattered. The food was good and the service was nice, they brought us 2 candles to the table. This is definitely one of the most unique dining experiences I've ever had and would definitely advise the beachgoers to give this one a go!

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST ROMANTIC SETTINGS EVER.What an experience the setting was idyllic.The food was excellent especially the prawn cocktail I've never had prawns as tasty.the price was good but you could never put a price on the location it was amazing.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Unfortunately found out about this restaurant towards the end of our holiday so only visited it once but if had known about it earlier would certainly have gone again.

The location is unique as you are eating underground in a cave but more importantly the food was excellent. Even risked a pina colada cocktail to start which thought would be hit or miss but was actually excellent and was followed by a 3 course meal that was of the same quality.

2 couples went and we all thought it was excellent so if you are in the area and looking for a meal out would recommend trying it,