“Great steakhouse”

Flame Restaurant Costa Navarino
Ranked #140 of 591 Restaurants in Messenia Region
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Classic and signature cuts, some exclusive, are served on large wooden platters, complemented by the freshest ingredients from carefully selected small-scale producers in the surrounding area. Many of the specialty herbs and vegetables are handpicked by our chefs, direct from the restaurant's purpose-built gardens.
Reviewed 1 June 2015

We had to book in advance because the hotel was full, but the food was great! Excellent steaks and wine, great staff

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We dined twice at this really beautiful location. We had excellent steaks (try rib eye with grilled vegetables) at what may have been a bit expensive but correct. The staff makes a real effort to please- maybe they need to be trained a bit to meet the expectations of the reataurant's quality. The manager was very professional and hospitable and is obviously making efforts also to separate the families with der children from the "quieter" diners. Overall definitely worth it !

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We expected fine dining but ended up surrounded by screaming children running around and overpriced average food. Fine dining restaurants don't generally have a burger on the menu, even though it cost 26 Euros. My teenage sons thought it was ok...The chicken was alright..my husband's lamb was nice...desserts were a disappointment....one was like a strange Viennetta type ice cream monstrosity. Suffice to say we were only there for dinner last week and can't remember what we had for starters or the other desserts we had...unmemorable and pricey.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The place was nicely decorated and the salad was nice. We ordered a steak for two, reccomended by the waiter. They were promoting theirt local meat in their in room brochure. I asked well done and that I do not want to see any blood in my plate.they did exactly the opposite. The steak was floating in blood and half of it was fat that had to be removed. Although they said that it was for two maybe three people, it was hardly enough for one as 70 per cent was bone and fat. And it does not stop there, although we were informed about the price, and it was not in the menu, they charged us 80 euro for this unacceptable dish. I would not feed even my dog such a bad meat quality.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Attended the wedding reception of my brother-in-law. Beautiful atmosphere, elegant decoration, breathtaking view, superb service. Well stocked humidor, included my favorite cigar. The food was delectable: probably the best rib-eye steak I ever savored.

Thanks Flame & Costa Navarino for making this a night to remember!

1  Thank PaulPan