See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2016

My family and I wholly enjoyed our stay at Paige Pond during the carnival season 2016. We are Antiguans by birth and heritage so are familiar with the buses, navigation around the island and the things that make Antigua what it is (i.e. occasional drought and massive potholes).

All of the staff at Paige Pond provided excellent service; often going far beyond their call of duty to ensure we were comfortable.

Will definitely recommend to others and consider for future visits. Thank you all and we may just see you again in 2017.

Room Tip: You may need to book more than one studio/ apartment if there are more than 3 people in the party.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank gwendoline w
PaigePondCountryInn, General Manager at Paige Pond Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure and a privilege to have had you and your family stay with us. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more pleased to learn that our staff made it all pleasant. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can.

Again, thank you for choosing us, thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to having you again on your return.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

I said it earlier on my favorite ANU base for whatever u want from An ANU experience. In all my worldwide travels it cannot be beat for a clean safe and pleasant invirorenment for Caribbean R&R. It is a great location to go in any direction on the island

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PaigePondCountryInn, General Manager at Paige Pond Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We value your comments.

We are committed to making each stay a memorable experience. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our beautiful shores.

Julie

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Beautiful environment, excellent staff. Very secure and easy access to the sightseeing places. Excellent price for the accommodation and they are their guests proposals. Will be back and planned not to stay no where but there.

Room Tip: Air Conditioners need to upgraded bably, very hot
Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Julie W.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

My boyfriend is a native Antiguan and was told that he could get a discount because of it. So we were going to get a studio apartment which was available at the time but when he went to go pay for it in advance, was told there were none left so we were forced to pay more for a larger place which was fine, only if we had gotten what my bf was initially shown. I hadn't seen it but he says it was quite a bit different and what we got was not nice compared to other and was not on the 2nd floor like we had requested. He was not impressed!

Check in went fine but were given 2 tv remotes and a bbq lighter for the stove, 2 of which stopped working the 2nd or 3rd day but were quickly replaced.
LIVINGROOM- The tv was small, maybe 19", the bamboo loveseat sunk in when you sat on it....not great for lounging, which we did most nights. We would've liked to turn the ceiling fan on but when I pulled at the chain, it felt like the fan was about to fall so we left it. (There was only AC in the bedroom)

KITCHEN- Good size but a little outdated. Had an old tea towel that I'm sure was clean but looked dirty and overused. There was no toaster or coffee maker which is something I would expect with an "efficiency unit" where people are more than likely staying at least a week. There were tiny ants everywhere! Totally grossed me out although it didn't seem to bother my bf because "we're much bigger than they are"....That really wasn't the point, it's a space where we have food and it should be cleaner than that. All there was to clean dishes was a previously used sponge, one of the worst things to use, ever!

BATHROOM- No water pressure half the time, very thin towels and were only given 2 at a time.

BEDROOM- Lamps were old and rickity, curtains were quite thin, white doors (3) were filthy around the edges where everyone touches, the bed had an outdated/uncomfortable and probably unwashed comforter that was immediately put on the top shelf of the closet and last but not least, we were visited by a huge cockroach in the middle of the night!!!...which didn't survive....
We won't be back....

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
PaigePondCountryInn, General Manager at Paige Pond Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is vitally important to us as it is with all of our guests as we strive to improve with each stay.

It is unfortunate that a studio room was not available when you boyfriend arrived to reserved your room but so it is with the booking of our studio rooms. He was shown the rooms that were available and room was confirmed as such with discounts. There was a mistake made with the room assignment upon check-in and we do apologize for the error. The room assigned was on the same level but with a different view.

Exceptional hospitality, service and cleanliness are our top priorities and all of your comments and findings are taken seriously. I am sorry that your were not satisfied with our services and I am personally investigating all of the issues mentioned to ensure our guests expectations are been met.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and/or distress this may have caused and thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you again on your next visit to our beautiful shores.

A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2016

I was very comfortable at Paige Pond and stayed there the whole two weeks. I had a nice self-catering suite on the second floor with working fast broadband wifi, the bedroom had a double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and a/c. There was a sitting room with sofa, glass table, a carpet, ceiling fan and a flat-screen tv with about 30 channels. Also a dinning room with a table and 4 chairs, a pedestal fan and a nice view of the valley. The kitchen was compact but had a fridge, cupboards, crockery and utensils, a sink and a gas cooker. The bathroom had a shower with hot water, lots of towels, soap and shampoo and a spare toilet roll. I was impressed!

A cleaning lady made my bed up daily and gave me clean towels, the place was spotless every time I got back

The central location is just outside Buckleys village, about a 15 minute drive from St Johns. Parking was free and the management provided me with a map and use of an internal phone until I got my smartphone set up to make calls on the island. Its easy to find your way around the island but the roads are not up to european standards - there are very few road signs - with a lot of ot-holes.

This is one of the nicest places I have stayed anywhere in the Caribbean, the staff are very helpfull and made me feel comfortable, I would certainly return. Bring some bug spray, the pond is only 50m away.

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guests,

Thank you again for choosing our property and for taking the time to review your stay with us in such details. We do take time in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can; providing that quality service that our guests expect.

We have since invested in the updating of the hotel exterior as well as some other areas of the property. Our goal is to make each stay more pleasant and enjoyable that the last.

We look forward to another opportunity to accommodate you. Thank you again and all the best to you and family,

Julie W.