Hostal Villas Mexico(Playa Marsella)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$59
US$35
Casa Bahia Hotel(Playa Marsella)
US$81
Hostal Villa Mar(Playa Marsella)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$29
  • Free Breakfast
Marsella Beach Front(Playa Marsella)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$49
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
US$91
US$89
Gaby's Hostel(Playa Marsella)
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$50
US$40
Rancho Cecilia Nicaragua(Playa Maderas)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$469
US$394
Hotels.com
The Li'l Aussie Hut(Playa Marsella)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2015

We had a great stay with Roy and Karen. They are wonderful hosts who were always happy to chat and hang out, but never made it feel like an obligation, either. We had delicious breakfasts everyday (if you've never tried lime juice and honey drizzled over fruit before, you absolutely must), and we had a great dinner with them one evening, too. The common area is a great place to grab a drink, play darts and access wifi.

It's about a 10-minute walk to the beach. I wish it were a little but closer, but not a big deal. Also, this is a very rustic experience. I did get a ton of bug bites while staying here. And there's no AC. Still, this was exactly the type of experience we were looking for. I'm really happy we chose to stay here while staying in SJDS.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2015 via mobile

Our family of four was well taken care of by the gracious hosts. They were thoughtful and attentive; arranged our shuttle from Managua, played games with us at night (entertained our young kids too!) and served delicious breakfasts. The cabana was clean and spacious and the fans effective. If you are realistic about the hot humid weather and that there are critters here (it was THEIR home first after all!) and you enjoy the company of others, you will enjoy being here. p.s. Thanks for the dice!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2015

I was in awe the moment I arrived. After spending a little time in the party town of San Juan del Sur, I was relieved to find a quiet gem close to the beach in the jungle. The flora and fauna were amazing, I could have spent my whole time there watching the birds and monkeys doing what birds and monkeys do.

And the food, let me tell you about the food. In all the places in Nicaragua that I have been, I never had food as tasty as I did at Empalme a las Playas. The ever changing daily breakfast was far from fried eggs and gallo pinto that you will find in many establishments throughout the country, was highlighted with fresh fruit daily. Occasionally they host a dinner, which at first I scoffed at the price, but once the food was served I decidedly got my money's worth. Huge beautiful salad, from fresh organic greens (which are nearly impossible to find in the country), and Almond crusted Mahi Mahi steaks were the highlight of the meal.

I loved it so much there that I am already making my reservations for a return trip there, I can't wait.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2015

We thought the room was just OK - there was no door to the bathroom, just a curtain. The location was good - walking distance to a quiet beach and some restaurants. There wasn't really any private outdoor space to just hang out as a couple and the common area was usually occupied by the other guests and the hosts who were smoking and who got louder and drunker as the night went on. I agree with a previous reviewer who said they treat you more like acquaintances than customers. All of this may be great for some people but it just wasn't for us.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank H0lly12345
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Tummy aches from laughing, but tummy smiles from amazing food. Roy and Karen are ideal hosts, with coffee pronto in the morning, and ready with stories, suggestions, solutions...Howler monkeys mingle with morning muses, walking "the hill" to the beach became a treasured workout, by choice, since rides were offered. But please, we don't want this place to change. Go if you are open to the experience, and leave it as you found it! With much appreciation, Carrie and Jill. 2014

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends