“Great friendly place”

The Matador Cafe
Ranked #14 of 65 Restaurants in Mablethorpe
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family run cafe specializing in great quality, value for money breakfast, lunch, drinks and snacks. We have lots of specials on our boards and the majority of our lunches are homemade on the premises including, chilli, curry and beef stew. We are most famous for our fabulous breakfasts which start at an amazing 99 pence! We also have a full kids menu available for just £2.25. Our opening times do vary slightly throughout the season but a good guide is 8.30am - 4pm we are open from the end of January right through to the middle of December.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

You can have a variety of meals here and great prices. Also you can bring your dog in here. Plenty of seating fast service

1  Thank Paula T

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I go there with friends for special breakfast regularly and we have a good natter. I also go with family for other meals my granddaughter loves to go as she likes drawing on chalk board. Staff are lovely and are always helpful. The prices are really good and there is a toilet which is a plus side as most places dont have one you can use and if anyone is like me as soon as ive had a drink need to go lol. Will miss it over winter

1  Thank Vicki T
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We have been visiting mablethorpe for past 3 years we stumbled across this cafe our first year we only had a lot of tea and there was plenty to go round our party. We always pop and have tea when we are in mablethorpe. But today we had breakfast and it was lovely great prices to. Will be visiting again

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Went here after being recommended by a friend. Ordered our breakfast at the counter and paid. The breakfast came which consisted of bacon, sausage, egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and toast, I ordered hash browns and my husband ordered black pudding. The bacon was a bit fatty and there was a lot of beans, just warm, & tomatoes. Wasn't the best breakfast we've had but ok. As we sat finishing our tea a lady came in with a dog which immediately jumped up to the counter and started sniffing the biscuits glad we had eaten our breakfast. We immediately left as wasn't impressed. Dogs should not be allowed in eating places. Won't be returning.

1  Thank home40
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The Matador..where do I start.
Both my mum and my dad who passed away far too young loved this little traditional seaside cafe. For my family, over the last twenty years it's been tradition to pop in there for something to eat each year and it's become a comfort to know when I return they are still there, doing what they do, and doing it well.
It really is a traditional seaside cafe, it doesn't pretend to be anything more or anything less, it provides great food at great prices with a friendly and welcoming service.
It sits quietly and unassumingly waiting to cater to the needs of both vegetarians and meat eaters alike, it good offers value and a speedy service. The staff look after both young and old with care equal to that of family, which to me, is priceless. The surrounding buildings could be tidier to improve the setting, no fault of the cafes. I suppose, some would say it needs updated furniture, better decor etc...but for me...it's fine as it is and serves as a reminder of what a traditional seaside experience is all about, relaxed, friendly people, in a relaxed friendly surrounding, good food and family.

1  Thank SueBB1971