“Fish and chips to die for!”
Review of The Genoa Cafe

The Genoa Cafe
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Warrenpoint
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for Haddock n chips while driving the Mourne Coastal route from Belfast to Dublin this place is brilliant for sit down or takeaway staff are friendly service superb food excellent and the premises so clean and well maintained, will definitely be back again highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our trip out today to Warrenpoint. We went to the Genoa around 2.30pm for a late lunch. The staff are so attentive. Couldn't do enough for us. The food was excellent! We had two kids meals (sausages and chips and chicken nuggets and chips) which were decent portions, a baked potato with chilli and a panini (we didn't want the chips with the panini), 2 large cokes, a slush puppy, a small coke, a latte, 2 desserts - all for approx £35. You couldn't be bad to that. The place was hiving with people queuing to get ice cream as it was such a gorgeous day. The place is very clean and the girl attending to us was fantastic. Very impressed. Highly recommended. Thank you to the staff who were no doubt slaughtered with customers on a busy sunny bank holiday.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Was in on Good Friday. The place was bunged with wall to wall customers. Multiple orders being taken, yet through it all Denise remembered every single one. What a brilliant front of house! I was impressed beyond words. No fear of your order going astray here! 10 out of 10 for Denise!

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Lovely fish and chips here and excellent service, lovely helpful staff. I would defiantly recommend this café as I love it

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

For the last 3 times i have visited this establishment there has been something wrong in my order each time!!!

However, this time my visit to genoa was a joke!!! To begin with i stood and was ignored as the girl behind the counter had the craic with the other employees who were cooking. It wasnt until about 5 mins later when i had to interrupt her that my order was finally taken.

As part of my order i had ordered two 4 oz cheesebrugers. When i got my order i checked it there and then to find that i had recieved a 2oz and a 4oz burger, which was wrong! So i told the girl, this was fine they made me a new burger.

However, when i got home and opened both burgers there was no cheese on either burgers!!! Despite them charging me for cheeseburgers! At this point i was already home and not driving back down the road.

As a result of these continous mistakes with my orders i will not be giving genoa my custom anymore as i am fed up with mistakes everytime!