“A great lunch in a lovely garden”
Review of The Happy Bap

The Happy Bap
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I was in Bishop's Castle for a day, working with the Museum and the Heritage Centre. The Happy Bap is literally next door to the Museum so it was ideal for our lunch. We sat in the delightful garden, some of us in the shade and some in the sun, ate and drank very well and were served as we sat and talked and laughed. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Went down to Bishops Castle during the Beer and Music festival which was great fun - if a little boozy! Most pubs were doing snacky type food but at a premium. Stumbled over the Happy Bap and was given a very friendly welcome. I had the freshly made blt sub to take away and can honestly say that it was one of the best I've tasted and great value for money.
Just to make sure that alcohol had not influenced my appreciation, I went back later in the week and had another blt which was just as enjoyable. There is plenty of room to sit in if you want to. I will return next time I'm in Bishops Castle.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

This is a Gem of a place and not to be missed when in Bishops Castle, lovely fresh rolls and salads. The soup is freshly made on a daily basis and always vegetarian! Homemade scones with Jam and cream are to die for. Friendly staff. Highly recommend - will be returning !!!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Great Bap's (baugettes)! I can personally recommend the feta and sun dried tomato Bap.

Very warm and friendly personnel who made us feel welcome and even let us stay past closing time.

Don't miss the chance to sit outside in the garden with a view!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We recently had an evening event at the Happy Bap for my husband's birthday. The evening started off in the garden enjoying Prosecco, wine, beer, etc. then down into the restuarant for a casual meal featuring Whitty's first effort at using his newly made filing cabinet smoker. The brisket was incredible and made a lovely main course with baked potatoes, homemade coleslaw and salad. This was followed by a wonderful pavlova topped with cream and fresh fruit. Overall, a very memorable evening! Thank you Whitty and Abbie.