“Great for tea and cake”
Review of The Poppy House

The Poppy House
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Delicious green tea, amazing mince pie. Milkshake and lemon drizzle cake made to disappear by 7 year old! They had no cakes for my dairy free 2 year old but were happy for him to eat snacks that I had brought which was kind.

1  Thank EcoMog

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

We drove by The Poppy House a few times this week - this morning we decided to go in.

The Poppy House is a delight: interesting Grade II listed building with just the right level of upgrading for the modern age.

A large cafetière of good coffee was well matched to the scones that came out of the oven just as we arrived. Fruit, cheddar cheese or Stilton and walnut scones were today's offering and very good they were too.

The Poppy House also caters for parties and offers B&B. The is no excuse to stay away!

2  Thank Timothy H
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Well cooked and homely English Breakfast. Nice fresh bread for the doorstep toast too! Worth every single penny.

1  Thank Loquita W
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Run by some nice people from Black Country. Food is good and the tea shop periods also good. Usually busy.

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We have visited here twice and we love the place! The lady who serves is so nice and genuinely friendly and nothing is a trouble for her. We went in for a light lunch and I chose the tuna sandwich on granary, thinking I would get a standard, sliced loaf sandwich. It turned out to be on the nicest, chunkiest, softest bread I've had in a long time. Lots of tuna with fresh salad and some nice tasting crisps. It wasn't a standard sandwich at all, more a luxurious sandwich! I then had a scone with jam and clotted cream. It was a very well made scone with proper clotted cream and a little portion of jam. They take simple fresh food and make it luxurious - that's what I like. The light lunch turned out to be very filling lunch!

1  Thank Fussywoman