“Overnight stay in The Crown Inn Wentnor.”
Review of The Crown Inn Pub

The Crown Inn Pub
Price range: US$13 - US$118
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 400 year old coaching inn, great food, newly refurbished b&b accommodation, superb views of the Long Mynd, beer garden, see our website for further details.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On our recent visit to the U.K. we stayed at The Crown Inn Wentnor. Its a true find as its well off the beaten track. On entering the bar the ambience & the coziness of the pub was the first thing we noticed. We checked into our room which was very tastefully decorated & very comfortable. We then went for a meal in the bar. I ordered the fish pie which was delicious & my husband ordered the lamb shank which was a feast as the meat was cooked in a tantalising sauce & the meat fell of the bone. The meal itself was very reasonable as was the bottle of wine. After a very comfortable nights rest we went down for breakfast which was truly amazing & kept us going the whole day. Andy & Vanessa the proprietors of the Inn were very friendly as was Annie who was cleaning the Inn. Also we noticed that there was local jams,chutneys & preserves for sale on a table in the corner of the bar made by locals. We purchased 2 pots. We would highly recommend this Inn for accommodation & food 5 stars definitely.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

The pub was v quiet, 4 diners in corner, not v encouraging. Wrong! Welcome was cheering, selection of beers great menu excellent, service quick and efficient and food quality price balance spot on

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I stayed at the Crown for 3 nights. The room was clean and comfortable, and full of charachter. The food in the pub was excelent and the staff very friendly.
My only comment is that the stairs up to the rooms are a bit steep and narrow, not a problem for me but could be for some.
I will definitley be going back.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Our double room was lovely, really nice, clean and smelled of new paint and carpet. However, our friends had a room next door which you literally could not swing a cat in. Their bathroom sink was made for Barbie, not two adults. I felt really guilty for my friends. I’m not sure how this tiny room can be sold for the same price as ours.

The other major problem was the smoke alarms. The steam from the showers would set off the alarms in every room, very early. This happened both mornings we were there. We had been to a wedding the day before and had arrived back very late. We needed a rest on Sunday morning, which we did not get. We were supposed to stay four nights but unfortunately we had to check out due to being woken up by screeching smoke alarms. We would have stayed the whole four days (as originally booked) but there was no way we could rest or even have a lie-in.

This is indeed a magical location but the smoke alarm problem is a deal breaker for me.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Visited for an evening meal, what a find !
I had without doubt the very best pub pie I have ever had.
Ham Leak and Stilton,
I will go back again even though it will mean traveling from Norfolk.
Plan to stay there next year'