“Lots of character!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bishops Castle
Old Time Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 12 Bishops Castle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2016

I found this establishment delightfully eccentric, with brightly coloured oak beams & uneven floors. Jean is extremely friendly & helpful, & cooked me an enormous full English breakfast. I was in the cruck room which was cosy with a view of the Shropshire hills & away from the main street.. My bed was comfortable & I had no trouble sleeping. The electric shower was nice & hot, My only quibble would be having to ask for tea making facilities in the room. My best memory of my stay was having my breakfast looking out over the colourful garden. If you want clinical not for you, if you want warm this is it.

Room Tip: cruck room, it is away from the High St with a chiming clock.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 May 2016

Where to start ? First of all, our booking was muddled up, meaning that we ended up in the twin room when there was a vacant double room. The decor is very dated indeed and there are virually no amenities in the rooms - even getting the wherewithal to make a cup of tea involved a considerable rigmarole and as for a fridge, opening windows, wi-fi, a comfortable bed, space to move around, decent furniture, none of these are provided, the latter being rather ironic it is part of lovely hand-made furniture shop. Breakfast is seemingly always served at 8.30am and evidently is cooked from scratch with no pre-ordering, meaning that it was 45 mins before we were served, during which time we had to ask for tea and coffee. When it arrived, the cooked breakfast was very nice but it was an inordinately long wait. We ended up cancelling our second night and althought we were told that we could leave our things in he room until mid-afternoon, when we returned we found that our bags had been packed by the owners and put in the hallway. The owners really need to become more flexible and better organised and perhaps stop trading on the supposedly olde worlde charm of the property (multi-coloured half-timbered beams anyone ?!) and think about to provide a reasonable standard of service for the 21st century.

Room Tip: Don't book the twin room
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2016

We were told we arrived too early and there was a kettle and no tea or coffee to go with it! The bed was too old, we don't mind antique or in character if it is still in good working order! Breakfast was lovely, local produce, although late and inflexible time making us late for an organised walk as we went for the Walking Festival. My friends (adults) had children's beds and with warm weather were unable to open the window. A lovely couple but if they wish to continue b & b they need to attend to the rooms if asking the going rate.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2015

My room was extremely comfortable, really clean and I had a great breakfast. I was on a business visit so was in and out quickly but it would have been a great place for a lie in and to dawdle over breakfast. Great hosts who did not intrude unless you want to chat.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2014

stayed one night at old time .warm welcome enjoyable breakfast ,with clean tidy room Landlady kindly returned teeshirt I had left behind .convenient location in centre of town range of pubs within walking distance

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo