Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929(Guanica)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotels.com
Parguera Plaza Hotel(Lajas)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$157
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Cofresi Beach Hotel(Boqueron)(Great Value!)
US$105
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$154
US$191
Hotel Perichi's(Cabo Rojo)
US$98
US$152
US$141
Parador Villas Sotomayor(Adjuntas)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$118
Hotel Colonial(Mayaguez)(Great Value!)
US$72
1,554 results
All reviewsgilligan's islanddry forestlas palmassea grasskiddie poolspuerto ricooutdoor restaurantgroupercaribbean seaalexandra restaurantla parguerasnorkeling tripmofongosouthwest coastbioluminescent bayburger kingrelaxing vacation
Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

Things I wished I had known before going there
Water socks and/or amphibian shoes would be great to venture into the shallow water that has considerable amount of algae covering the bottom
Snorkeling equipment would be great to look at the fish life around the algae
This is not even close to a luxury hotel, is more like a Holiday Inn on the beach.
Road PR-333 is narrow in portions where there is not even 2 full lanes, so drive slowly and never mind the impatient drivers behind

Now the review
I drove there from San Juan, a pleasant 2 hour drive, and arrive at 3:15, my room was not ready until 3:45pm.
No valet parking( so there goes any claims of luxury accommodations)
Plenty of self-park spaces.
The room was ok not squeaky clean and ants in the bathroom.

The only restaurant open on weekdays is the Palmas and you will have to constantly fan your food off flies and birds. I am not
talking about cute singing birds, but black peking-on-your-food-if-you-let-them birds.
Food was good for the most part except for one incidence of rubbery chicken and lack of proper utensils to eat a lobster (no cracker or pick). Drinks were good, i preferred the red sangria and was not so impressed with the Parcha one. We could not try Alexandra restaurant but wished it was open, if only to enjoy a meal without bugs birds or ants crawling on your table.

The beach is quite shallow but full of algae on the bottom. My children enjoyed exploring the fish and hermit crabs but not so much walking barefooted over the plants. There is plenty of water sports rental and be sure to enjoy trips to bioluminescent bay and Gillingan Island (extra cost, no facilities at Gillingans)

The nightlife is non-existent except for an occasional movie on the lawn. So if you want to relax by the beach and nit have to dress up this is the place for you. I found it boring and could not wait to leave. My children were happy so I compromise

My bed was uncomfortable but my children stated it was great.

I did not use the spa, in part because I called several times at different hours, nobody answered the phone and their mailbox was full; I resorted to calling the front desk who took a message promising to call back but off check out time no one did.

I did not try the gym either.

RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE OWNERS
Have a more professional professional redo your website, put spa prices, let people book services online aside from booking rooms, while you are it, why not people book their rentals and boat trips. Any claims of luxury should be removed from the website until they actually become a luxury. How about an app to use during the stay.
Enclose the outdoor dining area with screens, in this day and age when screens come in all sort of options allowing breeze and view to stay and preventing bugs and birds visits, there is no reason patrons have to eat under current conditions.
You need plague control, while outdoor ants can't be totally eliminated, certainly there should not be any in the rooms and flies and birds need not be guests in the dining room
Your staff needs to pay attention to detail, while most of them are nice, attention to detail is one of the things that elevate an establishment to luxury.
The food service around the pool was tedious and it took close to 45 mins to get lunch, i appreciate the 15% discount but would gladly replace it with prompt service.

Let me know if any of these improvements take place and I will be happy to return and update my review.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Sleepl3ss
Rabin O, General Manager at Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Saludos Sleep3ss;

Thank you for your thorough and detailed review, Some of your suggestions are already in place. We are happy to read that your children had a good time!
Sincerely

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Copamarina is a wonderful island resort. The grounds are meticulously groomed and filled with palm trees right to beach and tropical plants. The lobby area is an open air area with a sweet parrot named Lola :) The resort reminds me of what beach resorts used to be-- small, built into the landscape, quiet, quaint places with organized activities, music at night, a beach front, open air dining area, and bar. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. The drive to the resort is a beautiful 2 hour drive along the South coast of Puerto Rico- A great way to see the mountains and landscape. The beach is small-ish if you are used to a wide, plain beach at stateside resorts. This is a quiet beach with calm water and yes, some water plants :) aka sea weed. But- the staff are out every morning early clearing away what they can. It does not stop you from swimming and enjoying the beautiful sea water! Also, Gilligan's Island is a fun, short boat ride away where you can relax and snorkel and talk to locals. Also-- don't miss the bioluminescent bay trip-- a once in a lifetime experience to swim at night in the glowing waters! My favorite time of day was waking up and having coffee outside the room looking across the grass lawn with tropical landscaping that stretched right to the clear blue waters...ahhhh. And- I almost forgot, the sweet little coqui frogs that sing all night. How wonderful to fall asleep to. The ONLY downside that I have to mention, is-- the island and this particular area has a stray dog problem-- Sato's as they call the street dogs. Being an animal lover, it was extremely distressing to see the hungry, some abused, stray dogs. Needless to say, I bought over 100lbs of dog food and donated it to the very small local group that tries to care for these dogs. I fed and watered several area dogs every day that I was there and even wrote to the governor and the head of the Travel and Tourism office. I was told they are working on a comprehensive solution....long story but I've become heavily involved in the stray dog movement there now. But-- back to the resort-- it is truly a great place! I forgot to mention, the pools are crystal clear and clean and refreshing AND there is a national biosphere forest right up the street with great hiking! Go and get to know some of the locals, very kind people and I would enjoy this resort again!

Room Tip: get an ocean facing, first floor room (there's only two floors) so you can walk out your door to the beautiful grounds, pools, and beach.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jill p
Reviewed 25 July 2015

We spent 6 days at this resort and overall we had a nice time. This is a good size resort with two pools and an indoor/air conditioned fine dinning room (only open Friday - Sunday). The rest of the time you will be eating outside by the bar. They have a breakfast buffet that is pretty good as far as buffets go. They offer two options, $10.95 for the "cold" foods and $15.95 for the full experience. Turns out that you can also just have a cup of coffee and a bagel for around $6. The buffet also has an omelette station that is very good. The cook is super friendly and knows how to make a good omelette. Egg whites are on request. He always had to go to the back kitchen to get them. Guess not too many people ask for egg whites there. :) The bar and wait staff were very friendly and helpful. They were always willing to get us whatever we wanted and the bar tenders were more than happy to make custom drinks as to our directions. The beach and the water is beautiful...loved our time there.

The downside:
So the one thing that I really was disappointed with was the cleanliness. They floors in the rooms are tile and it appears that they don't clean them very well. The first night we were there the bottoms of our feet were black from walking around the room barefoot. We were there with some friends and they reported the same thing in their room. I never saw a vacuum or a wet mop the entire time we were there. And after the first night you can bet that I was looking. The cleaning staff uses brooms and Swifter like mops to clean the floors. If you have ever used this kind of mop you know that it is good for quick clean ups but a real wet mop with water is needed to get the floor properly cleaned. The grout between the tiles was extremely dirty. Honestly, I could not believe the amount of dirt and hair that was stuck to the bottom of my feet the very first night we were there. I know it is a beach resort but that is just too much. I grew up in Florida on the beach so I know first hand that it is possible to keep these rooms much cleaner.

Overall we would stay here again. Just know that it might not meet your standards of cleanliness and that you might want to always wear your shoes while in the rooms.

Room Tip: If you want wifi in your room you want to get one that is close to the front desk.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bodan69
Rabin O, General Manager at Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2015

Saludos Bodan 69:

Thank you for your thorough review, We are happy to read that you had a great time at Copamarina, I will work with our housekeeping department to improve on the floor product as mentioned,
Looking forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

I will admit that the road system was a bit shorty as there were a few start horses running around but at the resort the staff and restaurant on site were lovely and helpful in finding anything I needed around the town and accommodating with direction of anything I wanted to do. Which was diving! Coast guard warning for days to not go out and I still managed to head out on an 80 ft dive with 10 ft swells on the ocean. Amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for sunset view
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brianna B

Saludos Brianna B;

Great to read that you had a great time and was able to enjoy diving from Copamarina.
Looking forward to your next visit!
We encourage our future guests to contact us directly at 1 800 981 4676 or at reservations@copamarina.com
Appreciated!

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I went on a road trip around the island and went in just to see the facilities. I ended up staying. The price was not bad for a walk-in reservation, the rooms are not fancy but comfortable, I couldn't find a warmer blanket and was upset, later I saw it was on the closet hidden. The restaurant is good but it is expensive. The Passion fruit sangria was amazing. The beach is little, but there are a lot of pools to compensate and to just relax it is great. It was a good experience overall.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends