“Simple mountain kitchen”

Price range: US$15 - US$34
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

The Trattoria Omens is a small restaurant in the top of the mountains of the Aosta Valley managed by the Bertolin family, a simple but typical menu, with an extraordinary view.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

We've been at this lovely trattoria with our family of 2 kids, one is not even 6 months old, and it was a very pleasant experience.
First, food was great! Antipasti were amazing (all the cold cuts are locally made and delicious) and the polenta concia was one of the best I've ever tried (and I tried many!) as a dessert, I had the crema di Cogne, also delicious.
Staff was very helpful, quick and kind.
Prices are very low (15 euros for the so called touristic menu and 25 for the other one).
In a few words, it's worthy trying it even if the road leading to it is quite challenging for the kids.
Highly recommended!

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Before visiting the Verres castle, we came for lunch at this trattoria about 10 minutes up the mountain from the castle. I had a mixed appetizer with local sliced meats and cheeses. My mom had a taste of a few types of soup (which were more like a cheesy casseroule than soup) which were delicious. I had tender beef served with polenta which was out of this world. The roasted chestnuts and desserts looked fantastic but we were so full we couldn't eat any more. We paid EUR36 for both of us. I would eat here again if I was in the area.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

When we turned onto the road to drive up to Trattoria Omens, our GPS said it would take 15 minutes to drive 4km. We figured there must be a mistake - until we saw the road! It's a treacherous climb but worth it. The food is rustic, but delicious. The atmosphere is fantastic, surrounded by local families. And the setting is amazing overlooking the Aosta valley below. Well worth the adventure - just make sure you have a designated driver!

1  Thank alexdej
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

You may heard of Polenta Concia which is polenta with butter and local cheese grilled in the oven to get a golden crispy surface and creamy, dreamily tasteful polenta inside. This place is famous for this polenta Concia but they serve superb other local dishes.
There is the Castle of Verres so considering the amount you will eat this Trattoria, I would recommend for lunch. Then you will understand why I said that!
The place is so tastefully decorated in a mountain style, staffs are all very kind. Food is excellent. But you got to get there really starving. ...and you will see why I said that ;-)