All reviews great hotel gran paradiso comfortable hotel small village snow balcony mountains spa region
Reviewed 30 June 2018

This is a beautiful, quiet, and comfortable hotel with spectacular view in the surrounding. The location is very good as Cogne is a small village, everything is in walking distance. A supermarket is right across the street from the hotel, restaurants are nearby. The hotel's breakfast however falls short - only few selections and there is no scrambled eggs but raw eggs that you have to boil the eggs yourself hence comes the problem - your eggs are likely get stolen by others while you're drinking coffee at your table.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2018

this is a great hotel:
1. right in the centre of Cogne with ski area almost next to the entrance ;)
2. very friendly staff
3. very kid friendly
4. nice & comfy rooms
5. awesome spa !!
would go any time...great value for money

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Our second time visiting Cogne and staying at Hotel Sant’Orso and we haven’t been disappointed.
We have had a meadow view room with a balcony, which has been great to watch the Marcia Gran Paradiso races and just relax taking in the fantastic views. The hotel staff have been as welcoming and as accommodating as our first visit. We are planning our next trip already and we haven’t left yet. The spa facilities are excellent. The food is amazing. The hotel is beautiful. I can’t praise enough.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niki L
Reviewed 21 July 2017

The hotel seems very typical of mountains regions, with cozy wooden balcony and tons of flowers. The room is not very big, but comfortable, clean and with a nice view facing the Gran Paradiso park. (At the beginning we were given a small room without balcony and I have to admit that it smell a little of chlorine, so I would recommend the balcony room!!) I was amazed by how kind and polite the staff at the reception was! It also very nice that at the check-in they gave us an envelope with brochures, etc. Breakfast was ok. The hotel have an indoor and outdoor parking lot.
It is a pity that the spa is not open until late!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2016

From the moment I emailed the hotel I knew it was going to be special. The email was warm and friendly and very welcoming and helpful.
Driving into Cogne we spotted the hotel straight away, it was as pictured on the website and looked straight onto the mountains.
At check in we were greeted by the helpful warm and friendly Anna, who helped us plan our whole itinerary. The hotel was exactly what we like. Great atmosphere decorated in the spirit of the area. There were so many areas of the hotel to sit and relax,but even 5 nights just wasn't enough as there was so much to do!
The spa, the pool, the electric bikes and the beautiful town of Cogne was calling to us.
Cannot describe the warmth of the staff, they all just had a genuine down to earth way about them. I felt I was staying at a friends place not a beautiful hotel.

If I could give it more stars I would!

Room Tip: We booked a room with a balcony- it was amazing sitting outside looking at the view
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple