See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I had read a few reviews and was praying that criticisms were observed. This small hotel needs a business eye. One clothes iron cannot serve for 6 rooms when persons have the same need and limited time. The manager should take a walk into the rooms when no gusts are around. I became a plumber to save water. You could put the linen in the sunlight during the slow periods.
1 night is enough since you might be stranded in the parish

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Everything was adequate, not stellar. This is Savanna-la-Mar, so the options are very limited for hotels, it's not a tourist destination. Don't compare it to the touristy parts of Jamaica or to the United States or Canada; you'll be disappointed. But if you want clean sheets and a place that's good enough, to sleep for a night or two, then the Commingle is alright.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 15 November 2015

I have stayed in hotels in Florida, Las Vegas and Jamaica. This is the worst hotel I have ever seen in my life! I live in Kingston and had to travel to Savanna La Mar for a funeral. I stayed at the hotel because there were very few options. My husband and I checked in at about 7:30pm and the first thing I noticed was the filthy rug at the front entrance...... that should have been a sign. The reception area was cluttered and uninviting, the receptionist tried her best to be friendly but there was very little she could do to salvage the appearance of the place. I had to sign for the iron and iron board which the receptionist handed me from behind the check-in desk.. seriously! We got into the room... where do I begin?? the toilet had brown stains in the bowl, the tiles in the shower stall were filthy with all kinds of stains, the mirror was dusty with cobweb. The chair beside the bed was so dirty, I refused to sit in it and the bed was covered with a brown covering... Brown! I can only imagine that it served the purpose of hiding all the stains. The pillow case looked clean enough but it looked so old and had clearly gone through 1000 washes, I used a towel to cover the pillow because I refused to put my face on it. The TV sat on a stand that was mounted on a the wall, multiple wires hung from the back leading to a cable box that was on the dresser. The morning brought a fresh set of horrors, a fish tank that needed cleaning, a pool that needed refurbishing and restaurant with a door that looked like it was about to fall apart. I kept asking myself.... who owns this place??? I was not expecting the Bellagio but I expected basic cleanliness and some sign of upkeep. This place should be closed down, it is not fit for any kind of guest accommodation!!!!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We were in town for a funeral and it was too late to drive into Kingston, so we stayed at the commingle for 1 night (wouldn't stay any longer than that). Not many options in Savanna La Mar for hotels.
As we were walking to our assigned room we noticed a box of half eaten kentucky fried chicken on the floor in the hallway, why was it still there in the morning? GROSS
Security at the gate is a JOKE, all you have to do is pull up to the gate and they open it up for you, no questions asked.
Forget about the breakfast that they say is "included" its continental and if you want real breakfast, you have to pay for it. Just drive a few blocks and you can get a full breakfast with porridge and a drink for less.
The furniture in the rooms all need to be replaced. Actually, the entire grounds need to be renovated. Tube tv's.................really!
The bathroom was filthy, armies of ants on the counter. Lack of water pressure from the shower head. stains in toilet and bathtub
We did not use the pool, but it appeared dirty and unfiltered.
Its a good thing that we did not have the kids with us. Definately not a place for kids.
Ok for ONE night stop over. That was a first and a last for us.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJNAD
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Here we were, travelling from Falmouth to St. Elizabeth via Montego Bay on a rainy evening. I'd have to make the trip into Savanna La Mar the following day and it all seemed too much so we decided to head into "Sav" and find a place to stay. Everyone we asked had the same answer, "Commingle" We found the place but was surprised....I guess the numerous recommendations made me expect more. It was ok, just ok for the purpose of visit. There was a router about 7 feet from our room and yet there was little or no internet signal. Interestingly, there was a sign at the front desk advertising "Free Internet Access" The Kitchen staff was superbly helpful in assisting us with dinner and the next morning we really felt at home with the breakfast served.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business