All reviews odeon cinema car park multi storey frankie and bennys retail park kids eat free hours free parking family room pay and display hotel is situated town centre air conditioning meal deal excellent stay first floor good nights sleep comfy bed
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Stayed a Friday night in September.

Standard Premier Inn- looks reasonably new. Well located with loads of restaurants nearby.

A few other reviewers have mentioned issues with parking…..all the signage is as clear as can be and the hotel even have signs up in the lifts and inside the front door. On check in, the parking situation was explained in full as well.
3 hours free parking between 9 and 5, but you must get a ticket from the machine. Parking is free from 5pm until 9am.
We arrived at around 5.30pm, and got a ticket which lasted until midday the following day- perfect for an overnight stay.
At around 6pm, the car park got incredibly busy with people arriving for the cinema and restaurants (so much so that 3 drivers stopped and waited for my parking space when they saw me walking back to my car to collect something after we checked in!).

Room as expected- clean, in good order, comfy bed, excellent shower. Decent breakfast- our daughter ate for free which was good.

I was a little concerned by the lack of security. Usually you need you key card to access the bedroom areas in a PI, but in this one, the lift takes you straight there with no key card access required. That said, this was early evening so I assume there is some security control overnight.

Would happily stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank denandmark
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night mid week with a young baby. The staff were very helpful and the room was clean and well maintained. We had a spacious room which was quiet.
We had paid for the mealmdealmincluding dinner and breakfast which is a good offer. However the evening meal was quite substandard (food just wasn't cooked properly ...even the chips were pale and tasteless) and I didn't feel the menu offered much choice. However it was handy with our young baby as it was located in the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed October 12/13 and found it to be clean and tidy. I would give it 5* if the beds were as comfortable as other premier inns I’ve stayed in. Heard no outside noise and no noise inside at night.

I would stay again but I would ask for a room with a newer bed than I had. Room 102 the bed is to hard and not to Prem standards.

Staff very nice and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2018

My wife and I have just returned from a 7 night stay at this centrally located Premier inn, and we both enjoyed our stay, we came by train and its about a 10min walk from the station.
We had a day trip to Bath,which is only 20mins by train,(Trowbridge is a lot cheaper than the Bath Premier inn), we also had a train ride to Bradford on Avon,which is quite a nice village.
Like other reviewers, we thought the unstaffed entrance to the premier inn was a little tired and uninviting , it could probably do with a update, but otherwise the rooms were as we have come to expect from premier inn, clean and welcoming.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room tip: 2nd floor was peaceful
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

First time we have stayed in this premier inn and got to say we found it a bit of an odd one. The entrance is cold and unwelcoming and you have to get a lift to reception on the first floor. The room seemed a bit dark and not as bright as other premier inn s. That saying it was clean if a little tired looking. The car park is small and serves about 6 or 7 resteraunts and a cinema so it can be difficult to find space which then results in having to walk to the multi story nearby. It can also be very noisy at night as the resteraunts are very popular so I was glad of my earplugs. Don't know if I would stop at this premier inn again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple