“quick lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 19 October 2017

my daughter and I decided to try lunch here having seen the menu online. My daughter is vegetarian and dairy free for her health. We were very pleased with the choices on offer and went for the light lunch. 2 dishes arrived each divided into 3 parts each with red peppers, artichoke and sour cabbage, all dressed in an Italian dressing. A large plate of bread with a very taste salsa.I had a peach juice, my daughter a blood orange juice, both lovely.We will certainly be back to try something else when in town.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I have walked past La Bella Vita cafe many times but never been inside before. But I had the chance to dine there in September. The first thing I spotted was a warning notice on the door about part of the floor being refurbished. And the catch on that door is way too stiff. Inside the dining area is divided into two rooms with more seats being available outside at the back - I would estimate about 50+ seats are present in total. And I did notice some mains plugs and leads on the walls adjacent to some tables - nothing illegal but it could present a hazard for unattended children.

There is no menu displayed externally, nor at the tables and I could not find one online either. The only menu is chalked onto a blackboard behind the counter, hand-written and some of it was smudged. However there should be something for everyone here - the food is not super cheap but is good value. I chose a panini with cappuccino and it was lovely. The cafe was fairly quiet at the time I went so service was pretty quick.

This cafe has a 5* 'scores on the doors' hygiene rating. No dogs are allowed into the cafe except assistance dogs and this is clearly displayed on the door. There is a customer toilet available but I didn't need it so can't comment on the cleanliness. There is no car parking available outside (yellow lines).

Overall I can recommend this cafe. It just needs some attention to the details I have mentioned to gain the full 5* from me - especially making the menu more public without the need to go inside.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I've eaten here several times. It's a lovely, stylish Italian cafe with friendly staff and lovely food. My favourite place to lunch in Trowbridge!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at this charming Italian restaurant. Had cranberry and brie pastry with excellent salad and a glass of wine.
Quiet little courtyard, although the sun wasn't shining it was sheltered and ideal for an alfresco meal.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch with my friend.
The staff are friendly and the service is good.
I had a mozzarella and cranberry panini with side salad very tasty.
We will be visiting again.