“Nice Italian cafe close to Trowbridge town centre”
Review of La Bella Vita

La Bella Vita
Ranked #19 of 106 Restaurants in Trowbridge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I have walked past La Bella Vita cafe many times but never been inside before. But I had the chance to dine there in September. The first thing I spotted was a warning notice on the door about part of the floor being refurbished. And the catch on that door is way too stiff. Inside the dining area is divided into two rooms with more seats being available outside at the back - I would estimate about 50+ seats are present in total. And I did notice some mains plugs and leads on the walls adjacent to some tables - nothing illegal but it could present a hazard for unattended children.

There is no menu displayed externally, nor at the tables and I could not find one online either. The only menu is chalked onto a blackboard behind the counter, hand-written and some of it was smudged. However there should be something for everyone here - the food is not super cheap but is good value. I chose a panini with cappuccino and it was lovely. The cafe was fairly quiet at the time I went so service was pretty quick.

This cafe has a 5* 'scores on the doors' hygiene rating. No dogs are allowed into the cafe except assistance dogs and this is clearly displayed on the door. There is a customer toilet available but I didn't need it so can't comment on the cleanliness. There is no car parking available outside (yellow lines).

Overall I can recommend this cafe. It just needs some attention to the details I have mentioned to gain the full 5* from me - especially making the menu more public without the need to go inside.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I've eaten here several times. It's a lovely, stylish Italian cafe with friendly staff and lovely food. My favourite place to lunch in Trowbridge!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at this charming Italian restaurant. Had cranberry and brie pastry with excellent salad and a glass of wine.
Quiet little courtyard, although the sun wasn't shining it was sheltered and ideal for an alfresco meal.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch with my friend.
The staff are friendly and the service is good.
I had a mozzarella and cranberry panini with side salad very tasty.
We will be visiting again.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I used to love this coffee shop but the it appears the staff have been replaced. Not a sight to behold looking up as I hear them nasitly gossiping about other staff members whilst swearing. To top it off the girl who'd been serving seemed more concerned in picking her nose. It's a real pity as this was the best coffee shop in town. The owner was fantastic and the court yard a real lovely sunny trap. Once a true escape from the grotty town. No it seems like the Staff have bought it in line with the rest of Trowbridge. :(

Mattia P, Owner at La Bella Vita, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hi Putssstar86,

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience and I really apologise for this. We take pride in our business and care about your experience and I'm concerned to read your review. As such, we have addressed the issues you raised in your review and have made changes, including our staff team.

Please make yourself known to me (Pino - the owner) and we can have a coffee together.

Kind Regards,