“Good fish and chips with amazing view”

Godolphin Arms Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Marazion
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Food served throughout the day Eating at the Godolphin Arms is a relaxed and informal affair and we offer an all-day menu to be enjoyed whatever the occasion or mood. Our food philosophy is simple; we want to provide freshly cooked food that tastes delicious, is beautifully presented and showcases the quality and seasonality of local Cornish produce. From hearty Cornish breakfasts to relaxed lunches and intimate dinners, our menu is inspired by living and working by the sea and produce grown and farmed locally. Fresh daily bakes of the most delicious desserts and cakes are also offered up, to be enjoyed alongside the perfect cappuccino or latte. Where to eat? Lots of natural, light bathed and restful spaces - all with far-reaching views out over Mount's Bay and St Michael's Mount. Sit in the glass and zinc extension, with doors that open out for al fresco dining during the summer months. Celebrate with family or friends around the intimate Captain's Table that seats 9. On the lower deck, walk straight in off the beach to the colourful and chilled-out beach bar and dining area. Outside, the beach terrace remains a place to linger, absorb the astonishing views and simply watch the world go by.
Reviewed 18 June 2016

We enjoyed a good fish and chips - fish was especially good - whilst admiring the view of St Michaels Mount watching as the causeway appeared.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

We booked a table this evening and got a table right near the window with a fabulous view to St Martin's Mount. Staff so friendly and helpful, especially the young Italian waiter, makes time chatting to people.
Food was suburb, very tasty and well presented, we had crab, chicken and leek tagliatelle and Goan vegetable curry, we all commented how excellent everything was.
If I every come back to this corner of England I will be back for another meal.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Went here on a very busy eve,
Food was fantastic, stunning views,
Missed the dolphins playing in the harbour!
Staff very friendly!

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Firstly I will point out that I always try to be fair and honest with my reviews, and in this case if it had not been for the intervention of the manager Crystal, this would have had a lower rating.
We had booked a table in advance as a special treat to ourselves at the end of our holiday. On arrival we were shown to our table, which was in the process of being cleaned; it was a table close to the toilets downstairs and with the outer door being open, cold. We asked the waitress if we could have the door shut which was fine, but unfortunately anyone going outside always left it open, so my hubby had to keep getting up to shut it. Whilst we waited we saw another couple who were walk-ins being shown to a lovely table by the window, which was annoying as we could have been moved there. We ordered and the food came reasonably quickly unlike the wine which only just preceded it, we were halfway thru eating when the waitress asked if we would like to move to a different table - which we refused as we were eating. Now the food: what a disappointment. We both had steak, ordered medium but which was not (overcooked) served with wilted spinach (this was those baby leaves straight out of the salad bag) and Cornish sauté potatoes which were so peppered that you couldn't taste the potato only the pepper, which was still tingling in my mouth 30 minutes later. We decided against puds and retired upstairs with the rest of our wine, having told the waitress that all was not well. To her credit she did apologise but it wasn't her fault. When we asked for the bill and were about to pay, the waiter who came to take the payment asked if everything was ok, we said no and he said good (obviously wasn't listening) so we reiterated that we weren't happy, he started laughing, at which point Crystal stepped in to sort it out. We pointed out all of the above and to her utmost credit she removed the bill and apologised profusely, adding that we should ask for her next time we came. Like I said at the outset, her actions raisled this from a poor to an average. This establishment is billed as being the cream of Marazion and certainly it was very busy, but I'm glad we only went once. You go for the view and the food, for us we had neither. Pound for pound the King's Arms and the Cutty Sark are far better places with better and cheaper food.
As an aside, overhearing a phone call, someone trying to book a table for Sunday lunch was told all reservations were gone but if they turned up on the day a table would be found for them...is it me or was that just pointless?

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

I visited this restaurant yesterday for lunch with my elderly mother, my cousin and a friend. The restaurant was very busy with most tables occupied but on request we were seated at a lovely table in a window niche, with a superb view of St. Michael's Mount. We had a very pleasant lunch but I was particularly impressed with the really efficient & friendly service. The food all came quickly, hot and attractively plated. It was evident that the whole place was very well organised, with a cheerful buzz about the place and lots of happy customers. Our waitress was especially helpful in accommodating my mother, in a polite and respectful way.
Soup of the day was delicious, as was a small fish & chips, seasonal ( & very tasty) salad & Gorgonzola sandwich. Good puds too.
I've eaten here several times & it's good to find such consistency- would that that were true elsewhere!