“Family Diving”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cabo Pulmo
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cabo Pulmo
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

This visit was very exiting, this was one of the top sites you must visit for a dive, we went for a couple of days and was awesome! And beautiful, the master diver Claudio was excellent, Carlos the site manager was also very helpful and friendly to us, the food was also excellent taste, so thank you so much to all Cabo Pulmo team.
Thanks!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Enrique B

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Stayed for two nights at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort, prior to the start of a Livaboard dive trip to Socorro and the Sea of Cortez. We had planned to stay at Cabo San Lucas but decided to dive here on the recommendation of a well travelled acquantance who had dived here before. Chose Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort on the strength of Tripadvisor recommendations. Arrived around 5 pm after a very long trip from Sydney, Australia via LAX - it's an interesting drive from the airport - landscape beautiful, deserts very different to Australia (cactus!) and when you enter the national park, stunning beach and mountain views. We moved into our room - a very pleasant surprise - well maintained, very large, in a nice garden with an upstairs "cabana" with a hammock where you could experience the afternoon breeze. We were greeted by Carlos in the office who had handled the booking - all done by e mail from Australia without a problem. The dive shop is well appointed with a restaurant above, rinse tanks and big drying area and a good deep training pool out the back. Restaurant food was awesome - great Mexican and large servings and very reasonably priced. Discovered Pacifico beer - a local brew - also pretty good. Early night, next day up early for breakfast followed by the first of four dives we had booked. The diving was pretty good - not a lot of coral but the fish numbers were very high and we spotted a couple of sharks in the two dives. We had hoped to dive with California Sea Lions but were advised it was the off season - small numbers and the wrong conditions. The diving was pretty good - big schools of yellow snapper, a large school of the biggest jacks I have ever seen in my life, enormous moray eels, and in places the underwater scenery was pretty good. Viz ranged from 10-20 m over the dives. Overall a great spot - would have been good to stay for a few days more too relax.This is an Eco resort - but very comfortable, bore water but quite drinkable, solar power and LPG for refrigeration - take a torch - no street lighting and not much light from the surrounding rooms when you walk back to your rooms.

Room Tip: Close to the restaurant and dive shop probably better - more convenient if diving
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank malcolmp53
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

A very chill place to drop anchor for a few days and dive. Our dive masters and boat captains were cool, the bungalow we rented was chill. Unfortunately the visibility wasn't the best when we were there, but you can't have it all. Will definitely be back

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I stopped by the previous afternoon to inquire
about diving the next day. The man at the counter said that there was only one slot left, so that would be fine. Did I need a reservation? No, just show up. He asked when I dove last and I told him it was a year ago. Ok in the national park here you need a refresher if it has been over six months. No problem, show up thirty minutes before the dive and you can take the refresher. Great! I got there paid my money and started the refresher. They have a pool on site which is fantastic!
Marco, gave me instructions in the pool, was very patient and excellent with the refresher.
I was now ready to join my fellow divers. Ok, now we are seven. He briefed all of us (and asked if we wanted Spanish or English, I voted English although I believe the other divers spoke fluent Spanish).
Off we go, the launch is a blast, there is no dock you get in the panga and a pickup backs you into the surf.
So now for the bad part. We get to the site, jump in the water to descend. I am not able to drop down with my group due to not enough weight so I struggle to keep up with them. The dive master who is also my dive buddy is Marco my instructor. However the gap begins to widen, visibility is about 20 feet. I am losing them, cannot see my "buddy" the dive master, and now everyone is out of sight and I am at 55 feet. I make a decision to surface as my buddy, the dive master is long gone along with the group.
The boat was near and I got on.
I was shocked to be abandoned by my buddy, the dive instructor of all people.
I passed on the second dive as I did not trust him and waited for the second dive to finish.
I have been a certified diver for over 30 years and was never abandoned before.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FandL B
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We have always gone for lunch and snorkel but have never stayed! Well, what a treat to stay and enjoy the water and the hospitality! The restaurant had a great selection and accommodated to our kids! The check in was easy and made sure our request for different room(s) was granted. Rooms (deluxe bungalows) were well equipped and comfortable for a family of 4. We will be coming back!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tompat923
CaboPulmoBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Hello Tompat923,

Thank you so much for your review we are truly happy you enjoyed your experience so much with us and we look forward seeing you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo Pulmo
21.4 km away
Villa del Faro
Villa del Faro
#1 of 1 in Los Frailes

Been to Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!