Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort
US$173
US$166
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdive masterdive shopfishdeluxe bungalowbull sharksdive packagecoral reefthe reservedive boatocean viewopen water certificationan amazing experiencelocal dogsafternoon breezeincredible placegreat divechile relleno
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

A very chill place to drop anchor for a few days and dive. Our dive masters and boat captains were cool, the bungalow we rented was chill. Unfortunately the visibility wasn't the best when we were there, but you can't have it all. Will definitely be back

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
CaboPulmoBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Hello, Thank you so much for your review and we look forward seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I stopped by the previous afternoon to inquire
about diving the next day. The man at the counter said that there was only one slot left, so that would be fine. Did I need a reservation? No, just show up. He asked when I dove last and I told him it was a year ago. Ok in the national park here you need a refresher if it has been over six months. No problem, show up thirty minutes before the dive and you can take the refresher. Great! I got there paid my money and started the refresher. They have a pool on site which is fantastic!
Marco, gave me instructions in the pool, was very patient and excellent with the refresher.
I was now ready to join my fellow divers. Ok, now we are seven. He briefed all of us (and asked if we wanted Spanish or English, I voted English although I believe the other divers spoke fluent Spanish).
Off we go, the launch is a blast, there is no dock you get in the panga and a pickup backs you into the surf.
So now for the bad part. We get to the site, jump in the water to descend. I am not able to drop down with my group due to not enough weight so I struggle to keep up with them. The dive master who is also my dive buddy is Marco my instructor. However the gap begins to widen, visibility is about 20 feet. I am losing them, cannot see my "buddy" the dive master, and now everyone is out of sight and I am at 55 feet. I make a decision to surface as my buddy, the dive master is long gone along with the group.
The boat was near and I got on.
I was shocked to be abandoned by my buddy, the dive instructor of all people.
I passed on the second dive as I did not trust him and waited for the second dive to finish.
I have been a certified diver for over 30 years and was never abandoned before.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FandL B

Hello FandL, Thank you so much for your review we are truly happy you enjoyed your experience so much with us and we look forward seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We have always gone for lunch and snorkel but have never stayed! Well, what a treat to stay and enjoy the water and the hospitality! The restaurant had a great selection and accommodated to our kids! The check in was easy and made sure our request for different room(s) was granted. Rooms (deluxe bungalows) were well equipped and comfortable for a family of 4. We will be coming back!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tompat923
CaboPulmoBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Hello Tompat923,

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We stayed in one of their eco-cabins for 4 days while getting our open water diver training/certification. The room was was very nice and had a second story palapa to view the ocean from. Our training was great. Our instructor was Claudio. He was excellent. His english was very good, we never had any trouble understanding his instruction. Also the restaurant Coral Reef was great. We were in Baja for two weeks and Coral Reef had the best civiche we had anywhere. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring plenty of Pesos since their credit card machines frequently were offline.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob S
CaboPulmoBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hello Bob,

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We went for the diving, and were very satisfied with our trip! I finished my Open Water certification and my instructor Claudio was fantastic! Super fun and helpful, made the whole thing very simple with great instructions and explanations. Everything was really professional and was a great first place for me to get into diving! We also loved the restaurant upstairs, the food was amazing! Can't wait to come back

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family