Cabo Pulmo Eco Palapa(Cabo Pulmo)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$33
  • Beachfront
US$173
US$143
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Hotel Palmas de Cortez(Los Barriles)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$174
  • Pool
Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$85
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$254
  • Pool
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$451
US$311
HotelsClick
Punta Pescadero Paradise Hotel & Villas(Los Barriles)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$193
La Marina Inn(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
Hotel El Ganzo(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$236
El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
All reviewsdive masterdive shopfishcoral reefthe reserveocean viewan amazing experiencedive packagemoray eelsafternoon breezesjd airportopen waterchile rellenosea lionssolar powerdirt roadwater temp
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We went for the diving, and were very satisfied with our trip! I finished my Open Water certification and my instructor Claudio was fantastic! Super fun and helpful, made the whole thing very simple with great instructions and explanations. Everything was really professional and was a great first place for me to get into diving! We also loved the restaurant upstairs, the food was amazing! Can't wait to come back

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel L
CaboPulmoBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Hello Rachel,

Thank you so much for your review we are truly happy you enjoyed your experience so much with us and we look forward seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

This is a great company if your main goal is to see lots of sea life and don't want the booze cruise combo. I've done that before and the snorkeling is disappointing.

This company focuses on the sea life! We had the best day of our vacation at Cabo Pulmo!! We were picked up at our hotel and were driven to Cabo Pulmo. We snorkeled by boat in a small group in 5 different locations. We saw more fish than I have ever seen before in one day. Claudio Bonato was an awesome guide! Very knowledgeable and passionate about his profession! And the captain was very sweet offering to assist me in getting back into the boat each time. I was surprised and thrilled that we snorkeled with sea lions-I have never done that before-it was so awesome!! When we returned, a delicious lunch was ready for us at their restaurant upstairs with awesome views. Then we were driven back to our resort. Good thing because we fell asleep on the way home. We will definitely return to the Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colette C

Hello Colette,

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The pictures we find on their website are not up to reality... the village itself is unique, the staff is warm and kind, the diving id well organized, they have a deep pool if you need a refreshment, and the diving sites are very nice (the visibility is not as good as I expected, but the sea life compensates it).

I recommend the diving with the sea lions, if you're not doing it anywhere else, it is awesome!! They are friendly and swim just beside you, crazy!

Both days we dove, both days we saw whales, what spectacle!! Their restaurant was closed for repair, but the other one was pretty ok.

If you expect luxury, you'll regret... it is sand walking, simple and home food, warm people, and rustic life.... beautiful landscape and beaches, everything I look for in this type of trip.

Loved it, I will definitely come back someday!!

Room Tip: I chose the Deluxe Bungalow, because it has an indoor bathroom. I recommend it, very spacious and charming.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Hello LelaTrindade,

Reviewed 20 March 2017

This was our first visit to Cabo Pulmo--to dive and experience the marine preserve. What we enjoyed most was the remote location, the health of the reef, and our dive master, Marcus, who "delivered" a huge fish ball to dive with on my birthday--truly an amazing and memorable experience. All the staff (hotel/dive) were very friendly and focused on customer service. Our casita was spacious, had an outdoor shower and an elevated porch that we used for star gazing every night. The onsite restaurant was great and there are a couple restaurants close-by that are good too. We already have plans to return in October to celebrate my husbands birthday.

Room Tip: View and desired proximity to beach/dive shop
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GadgetGidget

Hello GadgetGidget,

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Stayed March 11 - 16, 2017. Expect to receive more than you imagine when you first arrive at the the end of 6 miles on a dirt road. That's right this village is 6 miles from the end of pavement just south of La Ribera, Mexico. A quaint little "resort" with many different palapa / cabin / bungalow accommodations, a dive center / restaurant and pool for a very reasonable price. We stayed in unit D3 which is a one room which slept my wife, son and I comfortably. Remember this one has no AC so set you standards accordingly depending on the outside air temperatures. D3 is one unit back from the water so keep the windows open and enjoy the gently rolling ocean. Solar power is the only electrical power so relax and conserve so everyone can have a share. Everything in and around the CPBR is very clean and well maintained.

We chose CPBR as a dive destination based on reviews of the resort and those of the Cabo Pulmo Marine Reserve reviews. The resort offers a full all inclusive type package that we chose which gave us 4 nights, 2 days of 2-tank diving and 3 delicious meals each day including dinner on arrival and breakfast on departure.

The restaurant staff and food was excellent! I can't tell you how much that meant to us to have the friendly and accommodating waitstaff there for all meals. Those two guys took great care of us and the chef is fantastic. We didn't have anything on the menu that we didn't love. Between the 3 of us we managed to order almost every entree at some point and repeated a couple of them. The Chile Endagado (sp?) was my absolute favorite with it's white cream sauce and pomegranate seeds over the chile relleno stuffed with ground beef. My wife kept going back to the fish tacos. Breakfast was a wide selection of egg dishes and coffee.

The pool and area were kept spotless and with relatively little use we never had a problem getting a lounge chair. Keep in mind there are only about 10 at this small pool. Clean, clear and refreshing with a freshwater shower next to it that gets used more by the snorkelers and divers upon their return.

There isn't a sand beach right there only a gravel / river stone beach. Seems they are trucking in these rocks to stabilize the beach. It's walk-able but barely. People were sitting at the water's edge and swimming. There didn't seem to be any danger at all to swim right from there. Saw lots of kids getting in there easily. It appears that some of the bungalows come equipped with kayaks and SUP so you might ask about those if you are interested. There are several different owners within this group and amenities with the units differ.

The water is from a well and very drinkable. I've had worse in the states and drank it without any problems if you know what i mean :). If you'd prefer bottled water then stop at an OXXO convenience store on the way in. There is a mini-mart there in town right next to CPBR but I didn't check the price. Likely it's going to cost much more but it's convenient. While on this subject you will need to bring any snack foods or extra drinks that you don't want to purchase from the restaurant. I should have picked up some beer to keep in the room.

We chose to rent a car and drive ourselves to/from CPBR and take a quick 5km trip down to Los Arbolitos beach area. This cost much less that getting a shuttle and gave me the piece of mind that we'd be able to return when we wanted. Also it cost me a third of the CPBR shuttle service.

Couple last things, be sure to bring a flashlight as there are no walk or street lights in the area and it does get pretty dark. Also, bring ear plugs because the Cabo Pulmo roosters start warming up well before sunrise.

The summary is that this was a wonderful place to stay, eat and dive ( dive review in another review ). We will be back down and won't waste anytime looking to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Take the time to ask lots of questions to make sure you aren't surprised about what you are getting.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family