All reviews golf course kootenay lake honeymoon suite hot tub neighboring rooms bocce ball small refrigerator one night golf package cozy room ainsworth hot springs round of golf off season picnic tables pro shop nice place to stay complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 21 March 2017

I took my girlfriend and myself for a night away at the Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort and Event Center and we were blown away. Starting with the front office staff Anton, he made our stay very enjoyable and his service was impeccable. In regards to the room, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud, best sleep we've had in years. Sitting on the deck enjoying the view of the lake watching the Ferry go by was truly amazing. We enjoyed a nice soak in the Glacier Aqua Spa which took all our aches and pains away. Totally love this place and so can't wait to book a room again to enjoy another night or two away. Great Price and Truly Epic Resort!

Room tip: Car Park is associated with Level 2. Ground Floor and 3rd Floor easily accessible.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aaron Z
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Spent three days in Feb around Valentine's Day. We were the only guests so had entire lodge to ourselves. Needless to say very quiet and peaceful. View is awesome. Staff friendly and courteous. Looking forward to returning in the spring for some golf.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank geminiman63
GuestRelationsMangr, Guest Relations Manager at Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort & Event Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Hello!

Thank you for completing our survey regarding your most recent stay with us at Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort and Event Centre!
We're happy to hear you were able to enjoy some peace and quiet out here!
The off season tends to be quieter at certain times and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of the tranquility that this beautiful area offers.
We take pride in providing only the best service to our guests. Our staff work diligently to assure that our guests leave happy and moreover, leave with a lasting impression and a desire to return again.
We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 9 February 2017

I stayed at the Kootenay Lakeview Resort for one night, while making my way east. I am pretty sure I was the only guest staying at the resort when I went there (right after a big snowstorm) which was pretty cool. In fact, I had had to change my travel plans because of the storm, and the resort staff went out of their way to accommodate my change of plans. And that was just the beginning! Despite it being the off-season, the staff treated me with great friendliness and the utmost importance, and they even laid out a full continental breakfast in the morning, which was very nice and unexpected (or maybe I'm just overly modest). The power went out during my stay, and they were very prompt and accurate in letting me know what the issue was (it was an area-wide outage, not just the resort), and how soon I could expect it to be resolved, making it non-issue completely in the end. The room itself was spacious, clean, and inviting, with a window and balcony that featured a lovely view of Kootenay Lake...I can imagine how spectacular it must be in the summer season! I was thoroughly impressed by this place, and I hope to make a return visit this summer. Thank you!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AGill90
GuestRelationsMangr, Guest Relations Manager at Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort & Event Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Hello!

Thank you for completing our survey regarding your stay with us!
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know exactly how we made your stay enjoyable so we can continue to provide guests, like yourself, with quality service like this.
Winters in the Kootenays can be quite harsh and with travelers from all over, it can be especially overwhelming so we are happy to hear we could accommodate you in such conditions. Although the off-season can be quiet at times, our staff treat each and every guest with the best quality service no matter how full our resort is. We strive to make each guest's stay with us memorable, aside from a few unexpected occurrences you experienced during this trip, it sounds like we were able to make your stay with us just that.
We hope to see you back this summer!! The view of Kootenay Lake will be that much more spectacular!

Reviewed 28 December 2016

My husband and I were looking for a quiet place to sneak off to for a couple of days before the Christmas madness was upon us and booked in here. Our room was renovated sometime recently, was large and very comfortable and the view was to die for! The desk clerk was very friendly and gave us a sheet outlining the places nearby for food and entertainment (handy given the remote location). There's a par 3 golf course on site and we had a wonderful time walking the fairways in the snow taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful forest setting. I wish we'd brought our snow shoes so we could explore the whole 60 acre property! I cant wait to come back in the summer to play the course properly and sit in the hot tub they're building looking over the lake.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsMangr, Guest Relations Manager at Kootenay Lakeview Spa Resort & Event Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Hi,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

You came at the right time. I would recommend to anyone coming out during the winter to bring some snowshoes to take advantage of the landscape we have here. I think this area is beautiful both covered in snow, and covered in green during the summer. I hope we do see you again so you can take another walk on our executive golf course, this time with a golf ball in front of you.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

The view of the lake is stunning from the rooms and balconies. the rooms were very neat and cozy and we had the chance to stay in the suit, it was gorgeous and definitely recommended. The staff was very helpful and kind as well.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

It looks like you had a good time taking in the beauty this area has to offer, and we're happy to be here for everyone who walks through our doors. From the peaceful winter nights, to the bright winter days we know we are in a special spot. Our staff too is a point of pride and they can make a stay that much better. I hope we see you again soon!