Balfour Beach Inn & Motel
US$133
US$130
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$105
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$88
Prestige Inn Nelson(Nelson)
US$103
US$177
US$168
The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Hotels.com
Hume Hotel & Spa(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$117
Travelocity
Cloudside Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$126
Mermaid Lodge & Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This has been bothering me now for over a month. I have never and I mean NEVER had such a combination of bad service, food and accommodation in one place ever! The sad lazy girl in the sparkle boots that was "in charge" of the place seemed to be inconvenienced by my presents because she had to get off the bar stool she was on surfing the net behind the bar to help me check in. When she finally retrieved a key (ten minutes later) she instructed me to go and see if the room was fine. Fine by any definition would be something at least middle of the road, not the nightmare of a room I had the key to. Badly warn seventies fixtures with a real lame and cheap attempt to up date the look with poor quality sheets and pillows. It was getting late and I was tired so I took the room anyway, I went back to the Inn, registered, ordered a drink and something to eat. The menu was a confused mess and hard to read in the dim lights so I ordered the special. The driest meat loaf I have ever had, more like a brick of saw dust with luke warm gravy on it served with the chunkiest mashed potatoes I have ever come across. THE WORST!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Martha D
Reviewed 3 September 2011

There were socks under the bed that where NOT mine and certain hairs in the bathroom again NOT mine...plus broken glass on the bathroom floor makes one wonder if a broom is part of the cleaning regime.

There was no service just confused individuals that would refer you to a manger that no one seen nor knew how to reach.

It was the worst Canadian hotel I have ever slept in, especially for the price they expected!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Chips007
Reviewed 15 August 2011

It was just awful. I slept with my clothes on all night. Bathroom towel rod broken towles hung from a rusty shower rod. No supplies what so ever. Pillow on bed as old as the hill. I can't see how they are allowed to get a License to rent out rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 154913Sunshine
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Great location on the beach near the ferry terminal in Balfour. The building is old, and in need of either a major Reno or torn down. Beds uncomfortable, carpets and counters dirty, room had unpleasant odor. All this for $120 night. Bring a tent and stay at Kokanee creek provincial Park instead.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank AJay1974
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We came back for our 3rd stay in May, 2011. The hotel has undergone some changes for sure. They are in the process of renovating so we found our room had some new paint, new bedding, new curtains and artwork on the wall which was great.

There are no pets left here anymore and we were very happy to find that there is a new manager in place named Jennifer. If you are making reservations or need anything at all you must speak to her because she is excellent. As always we were told before being obligated to keep our room that we could take the keys and look at the room for approval first. The building is older so we always expect the rooms to be average as it is not a 5 star hotel nor does anyone try to pretend it is.

The deck here is one of a kind, it's an outstanding view (360 view of mountains) and perched just meters above the water.

The pool room is not open but we were told they are working on renovations but in the meantime the kids found plenty to do on the beach or go fish off the docks.

Overall we have seen the BBI in many different states and we are very pleased to see all the new work being done.

Room Tip: If you want an easy time talk to Jennifer.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family