Novotel Constantine
Hotel des Princes(Constantine)(Great Value!)
US$40
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Constantine(Constantine)(Great Value!)
US$82
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Bey(Constantine)
Cirta Hotel(Constantine)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 November 2016

In terms of service, and with the exception of the chef, and breakfast, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are modern and clean, but the staff do not care to learn or understand English or French , which I find curious for an international hotel. Worse, the catering staff had a habit of i) telling you what you were going to have for dinner, ii) saying yes to whatever you asked for and then disappearing or forgetting. All "vegetarian" meals were served with either beef or chicken. I accept that sometimes a vegetarian option is not available, but I do not accept that meat dishes can be served as an alternative when a customer has expressly requested no meat.
This notwithstanding, they were generally offhand and either confrontational or ambivalent regarding service requests. I understand and accept that things get lost in translation, but I do not understand that this shouod include courtesy and / or a smile.
I attach the iron I requested from Room Service as an example of the service that presumably passes as normal in the hotel.
I'd forgotten my toothbrush and so asked for from reception.
They told me they did not do spare toothbrushes.
I later found a shop in the hotel that did indeed sell toothbrushes; the toothbrushes were locked in a glass cabinet. I asked to buy one, and the reception said they could not provide as they did not have the key

Room Tip: Do not ask for an iron. make sure you have local currency and someone who speaks arabic
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Vidal M
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Very very bad, cheap and not clean buffet. Fruits in the buffet were drastically bad.
Room cleanliness is very bad.
I am surprised how accor hotel would accept this level in their Novotel.
It is the first time for me to write a review as i was moved with the unpleasant situation.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Claud M
Reviewed 8 January 2016

We were booked into this hotel by a tour company and it certainly was not up to the standard of this "Brand" in other parts of the world.On our first visit it took three requests to obtain towels but only two on the second visit.The rooms are very much in need of an upgrade if they intend to attract tourists and some staff training in basic service would not go astray.The buffet was adequate but the food cold.

Room Tip: Ask for room on top floor overlooking the square
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
RaymondJ279, Directeur général at Novotel Constantine, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Constantine. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

The first impression of this hotel is that her poorer sister next door (the Ibis hotel of the same group) looks nicer, more modern and is in a more pleasant building of Northern African architecture. The Novotel's facade is rather boring in comparison. The rooms are standard Novotel stuff but not well kept and ours had a constant smell of sewage. The glass in the shower was loose. Breakfast is below average. They do a buffer dinner which I rather like. Everything was fresh and plentiful. Service is excellent. The Algerians are generally very friendly and hard working people. Wifi is erratic and when it comes most people try to go online which of course slows it down. Location is perfect right in the middle of town.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
RaymondJ279, Directeur général at Novotel Constantine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Dear

Reviewed 10 October 2015

I stayed there lot of time because of work it is a normale hotel nothing special, the only good thing is that the location ( in downtown)
Regarding the price i prefered IBis because it close to it it's like you are in the same hotel

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business