“Exceptional Newest Addition to Pittenweem ”

The Dory Bistro & Gallery
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Pittenweem
Price range: US$21 - US$42
Description: The Dory Bistro & Gallery serves great, yet affordable, food with a lot of the local Fife and Perthshire food treasures on the menu. Lobsters, langostines, and crabs landed less than 40 metres from our front door in the harbour, fish from St Monans and Pittenweem, and meat and game from nearby farms and estates. We serve meat and vegetarian dishes, as well as fish and seafood.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had such a lovely lunch yesterday. Not only was the food quite delicious the service was top notch. The atmosphere was so uplifting and the art..... Wow!

Our choices:

Steak pie & garlic mash with roasted root vegetables - was enjoyed by one of my friends. Not only did the presentation look amazing but smell devine. She so enjoyed her selection.

Smoked Salmon Croque Monsieur - Two of us ordered the same item. I have to say we were enjoying the flavours that there was silence at our table.

To top off our visit to the charming Bistro we discovered the art that adored the walls gave us delight.

We would recommend that you make time and an appetite to visit The Dory Bistro & Gallery.

Ruth R, Manager at The Dory Bistro & Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Hello Valenica S
Thanks for the detailed review and we are all very happy that you had such a great experience.

We look forward to you eating at the Dory again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I have visited the Dory on two occasions, once for dinner in the evening and once for morning coffee. On both occasions the food and the service as well as the ambience, were memorable. The venue itself is open, spacious and with the walls covered in paintings, very relaxing. The food on both occasions was excellent and reasonably priced and efficiently served.
I hope this bistro will continue to offer the best but in an unpretentious way. Thoroughly recommended.

Hello Robin
Thanks for the post and the positive reviews. I am very happy that you like the feel of the restaurant and gallery, as well as the food. We look forward to you visiting again in the future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Have now been to The Dory for both lunch and coffee and cakes. Excellent every time. The menu has a lovely mix of classic choices and more exciting options (including great-looking brunch - can't wait to try it!). The food was all excellent, the gallery really nice for a wee potter in, and the setting and views perfect. The coffee is also excellent (and I'm quite fussy about this), as are the cakes. Will be back - often!

Thanks for the positive comments in your review. I am particularly happy about your comments on the coffee because I did quite a lot of research on what would work best and which blend of beans would provide the kind of coffee I think people want. Great to hear that you like it!
We are slowly expanding our cake range but the almond and orange cake (gluten-free), chocolate brownies, the Victoria sponge, and plain and fruit scones are all selling well! Different cakes forthcoming in May!

Thanks again and hope you visit often :)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My partner and I could not wait for The Dory's opening. The restaurant and adjoining gallery are beautiful spaces with a fantastic outlook onto the harbour. My partner is disabled and they were most accommodating. We went for Sunday lunch and the food was excellent. We have not seen a menu like the Dory's where one is wanting to try everything! We had a BLT and Croque Monsieur, chips and then cappuccinos with a gorgeous brownie with a hint of orange and almond orange cake. Lovely friendly atmosphere. Pittenweem is very lucky to have such a lovely establishment!

Thanks for the post Julie. We are excited that you like the menu and your comment about wanting to try everything has been made by many others, which is great.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A bright well coming atmosphere. Really interesting art for sale in the adjoining gallery and on the restaurant walls. Carefully cooked food- I would recommend the bouillabaisse.

Hello Milly
Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay in response. We are very glad that you enjoyed the bouillabaisse.

Best,