“Beer and breeze, NOT the Food”
Review of Seadive

Seadive
Ranked #68 of 78 Restaurants in Coron
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

This place is great for an afternoon beer, and to enjoy a sea breeze that passes. The fish here was poorly prepared and over cooked, lacked seasoning as well. I also had fries with my beer, and this was not worth the money. But the nice view in a town with no beach, is a rare thing. A San Miguel and that sea breeze saves this place, if not it's just not worth going to.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

The diving in Coron is incredible and is definitely the highlight, especially if you like wreck diving. There are so many great dive sites that I was hoping to see more than I was able to with Seadive during my two days of diving. Unfortunately I had to repeat a dive site on my second day (as did another diver who was on both of my trips). I opted to do the dive again on the second day. He skipped the dive since he had already done it. With so many dive sites to see, it was annoying to not be able to do visit three new sites on the second day. I would figure they would at the least alternate every day so people would not have to repeat, especially since many people do not stay in Coron for more than a few days and want to dive. So I would recommend communicating in advance with the dive center, although that too can be difficult.

I tried to coordinate a private dive tour my first day because I was unsure if my flight would arrive in time to join the group tour. I had emailed with the dive center and was told I was on their schedule. When I arrived, there definitely was no thought about a private tour (despite me arriving later than the group tour was meant to start). Luckily for me, the group tour was delayed (which seemed to be common practice in Coron) and I was able to jump on the boat at the last minute. If I had arrived 15 minutes later, I may have been left with no option and no chance to dive, which would have been very frustrating since the only reason I stayed in Coron wa to dive. So the organization and communication could have been better, but I find this is pretty standard with many dive centers unfortunately. Our dive master the first day, Jeff, was great. So I would recommend trying to dive with him.

If you get the chance to dive in Coron, definitely do it. But try to set up at much as possible in advance and expect some hiccups along the way. Just remember, everyone operates on "island time"!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Food here was average nothing really stood out or impressed us. We had the pork adobo (dry), bicol express (too spicy no one else could eat it except me), pancit canton (noodles were floating in oil), grilled lobsters (which never got to me) and crabs.

Though the prices were reasonable, food wasn't something we would come back to.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

We visited here because they had a pool table but unfortunately because of the time we visited the pool table wasn't open! But because the views were so lovely we chilled and played cards! They also have the best home cooked French fries! They're overpriced for what they are but they're nice!

Reviewed 10 March 2017

We had lunch at Seadive with relatives.
Food is very expensive and very small serving.
The wait for your order is quite long about one hour and after all that they even forgot one dish very dear to the heart of Filipinos, the fired rice. When reminded it took another half an hour before we got our order.
My impression when I went to the counter to investigate is that the line of communication between the kitchen and table staff was a bit unsure and Imhad to keep badgering them fro our order as we were almost finishing our lunch.
To their credit though we spent the rest of the afternoon drinking light beer and the new set of staff for the afternoon were friendlier.