All reviews dive shop no hot water boat trip dive sites mosquito net ceiling fan taking into account private van villa philippines jellyfish
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a series of small chalet type buildings strung a long thin finger of hilly land that pokes out into an inlet. If you want peace and seclusion this is ideal. The small bar/restaurant provides a great view over the inlet, which is on 3 sides, and it is a very calming place to sit day or night.
The chalet/villas are lovely traditional looking structures; inside they are not huge, but comfortable with mosquito net surrounding the 4 poster.

Food in the restaurant is good, especially the grilled catch of the day, “Grilled talakitok”.
Coron is about 50 mins away. Easy to get there either by a private van from reception or jump on the local bus, which I found a good experience, but don’t expect it to be of the latest design.

If you want a relaxing place to stay in a serene location this is it.

Things to be aware of:
The rooms are, by Coron standards, at the top end of the price range, but there are some “standard” items missing, which one would expect to find.
No kettle in the room.
NO HOT WATER for the shower!

I booked on booking.com. The advert says the hotel has WiFi. It doesn’t in any meaningful sense.
Well, there is a router in the reception area, but it doesn’t connect to anything. There is a very weak mobile phone signal, if you stand outside of reception and point your phone at a far off hill.

If you want to escape the www. then you’re in the right place. However, it would be more honest for the hotel to drop the claim it has WiFi.

That said, I would definitely go again for a short stay. It is a very good place to chill.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David L
Reviewed 26 March 2018

The room was perfect and the location too. The restaurant is a bit expensive but the food was very good. Service was great and the boat trip were well organized with a nice team who adapt the tour with what we liked. Great hotel !

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

All in all we liked our stay here. The food is excellent. Cook takes his time but your meal is real homemade. The staff is helpful and the place is wonderful. Unfortunately the builder was an artist rather then a practical men which means that several essential things are missing: the overhead fan is enormous but totally inefficient, mosquito nets are missing everywhere, only 2 windows could be partially opened, heat protection (all windows are on the south) is inexistent, ....

There is no access to the sea, we used to swim from the pontoon but you have to be athlete to get out of the water. We have been told not to swim because the jellyfish, but have encountered none.

This taking into account, the resort is overpriced. We also noticed that all services, motorcycle rental, snorcheling tour, transportation by local boat were also heavily overpriced.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank blecha
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Let's start with the cons. I was the only one when I arrived at the restaurant, sat down with menu and waited more then 5minutes after I chose and put down the menu next to me. Finally I went to the bar to order and also ask if they only had bottled water. So I order a bottle. Then it started filling up and everyone had a waiter to take their order and coming back to see them. I always had to go to the bar to get service. On top, they serve free water to other tables in jugs even tho they told me they had only bottle. You can have access to the pool if you eat there, which I find really nice. But the pool was disgusting. Algae and trouble water, it hadn't been taking care of properly. Staff was friendly and fast service for food once I ordered, but that's about it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank t3quil4
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Stunning views in an oasis of peace. Ideal place for digital detoxing. Restaurant with a wide variety of dining options. The dive shop is well run and ideally located close to the wrecks that Coron is know for. Absolutely recommended.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends