Kalachuchi Hostel
US$69
US$56
US$44
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

Balaibinda Lodge(Coron)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$44
US$571
US$475
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2018

The place is made from very thin wood and gives a "rustic" impression in the photographs i saw online which i thought was charming, but its actually a nightmare. It's hot, attracts insects and worst of all you can hear EVERYTHING from the other rooms and from outside. The hostel is located in a not very nice part of coron and the neighbours have many roosters and dogs which make so much noise it's impossible to sleep even with earplugs. Was planning for a longer stay but after the second night i decided to get away from that place and find somewhere i could actually rest.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MariaRLJ
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Although at the time we got there, rooms were fully booked and we didn't stay there, Abraham helped us a lot with finding a place to stay.He recommended a great padi center for diving and many local eateries and affordable restaurants and other things to do. He and his wife are really friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The hostel staff was unwelcoming from the start and they dont seem to take criticism very well. I didnt like the room I had booked (It had two "windows" facing the common area with no glass or mosquito net, and they said that if I had any valuables I should give them for them to keep as they couldn't guarantee any security as they were a cheap hostel...) When I politely expressed my concerns they said I was welcome to leave if I didnt like the place. I have stayed in many cheap hostels around the world but had never been treated so poorly.

Decided to stay for a night while searching for a better option. It was a terrible night. Couldn't sleep. The room was extremely hot, the fan barely made any difference and there were very noisy dogs barking all night. The shared bathroom was not clean.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I really don't get why this place has good reviews. Its not located in a nice area, it's noisy, has no security, as there are no glass or even mosquito nets covering the windows, and the owner claims Its a cheap hostel so you should expect no security. Worst of all is the treatment of the owner and his wife who are not welcoming, even rude and show little interest in caring for guests. I do not recommend anyone staying here.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Didier M
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

DO NOT book at this hostel. It is NOT SAFE. I dont know where to begin. During all my travellings this is by far the worst travel experience I have ever had and witnessed. The owner threatened physical violence against my female friend. After that we were followed by staff. The owner was hostile and unfriendly from the minute he arrived. I sincerely and genuinely advice against staying at this hostel, especially for female travellers!!!

More detailed description:
The staff sent an email asking when we would arrive, we replied two days prior. Then arriving very tired after a 10 hour night bus and 4 hours waiting at the airport + 1 hour domestic flight to our disappointment nothing was ready and the receptionist didnt know what room my friend was supposed to have (we had seperate bookings). She asked us to go to get lunch and then come back later because the owner was dining. After the long travel and since it was to no surprise at what hour we would arrive we said that we'd like to check in first.

After a while the owner and his wife arrived, they didnt greet us and were distant and unfriendly. It was insisted that we'd take of our flipflops and walked barefoot even though we were outside. My friend was shown her room and didn't like the fact that the only window was facing the common area and since it being really warm outside it would prevent her from being able to keep the window open in the evening. The owner didnt respond well, he asked if there was something wrong with the description online. She said no, not that she knew of but that she'd like to reconsider. The owner and his wife hovered over us, my friend asked for a bit of privacy if possible. After a few minutes the owner suddenly came back furious and threatening. Said he wanted us to leave the property immediately. My friend addressed that this behaviour was both unfair and disrespectful. He became even more angry ending in threatening to hit my friend while standing over her with threatening body language. We decided to leave immediately.

After about walking for 2 minutes his wife (also hostel staff) came after us on her motorbike, threatening to follow us to find out were we would stay next. We were so afraid since Coron is not a big island, we managed to get away though and stayed in another part of town put of of fear of being harassed.

In my opinion this hostel should certainly not be allowed to service tourists and it comes as a big surprise that it even does. I have never in my life witnessed anything like this. Besides that the facilities are neither fire- or burglar safe.

My friend is a respected kind and loving person whom never lost her temper and did not do anything else but be honest about her concerns about the room.

No one should ever be threatened or followed like this. STAY AWAY!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends