Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$145
Expedia.comUS$130
eDreamsUS$137
1,746 results
All reviews thermal suite spa facilities steam room overlooking the canal spa break changing rooms evening meal separate building both nights an overnight stay relaxing stay following morning afternoon tea yogurt waterside restaurant snow cave snow room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here on way home from Lake District to visit my sister and family, my neice reccomended. On arrival the young lady on reception was lovely, I had checked in online so interaction was short.
The room- 2 bulbs out in bathroom, the mainight in room was soo dim it served no purpose.
There was a mirror in the cupboard that was not near any plug socket, the hairdryer that was supplied didn't have a long enough cable, I always bring my own, lucky it has a long cable.
Shower gel behind shower head so putting in hand and getting to body before being washed away was a challenge.
The bed was too short for my husband, I found it comfy but if he rolled towards me as it was soo soft I rolled into him.
Breakfast- watered down orange juice, weak black coffee, no flavour, sausage was cheap bulk buy, bacon hard, typical of self service, food luke warm, buffet service didn't feel very covid safe.

Room tip: Take an extension cable if you wish to dry hair, photos are not what you get in rooms
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The spa and hotel were clean and well-kept, with the addition of the newly renovated area at the spa which was lovely.

There were a few things which were slightly disappointing with this stay compared to when we have been previously, when the service was impeccable.

Firstly, some people walked into my treatment room in the spa while I was having a massage, something I was told happens frequently. Maybe the relaxation room could be signposted more clearly, or there's a way of stopping people coming in through treatment room doors whilst someone is in there?

On leaving the spa, we were told we hadn't paid for our treatments, even though we had... The reason for this was that the hotel is on a different system which apparently the spa doesn't have access to. It was resolved eventually but again, there must be a better solution than getting customers to check bank statements etc. and staff trying to get in touch with the hotel to check the booking.

The service in the restaurant was horrendous. Thank goodness for Connor - he seemed to be the only person who knew what he was doing - and on what was clearly a chaotic night, he kept a cool head and did all he could to resolve the multiple issues (wrong wine / forgotten orders etc.) that we experienced. When it came, the food itself was brilliant though!

Checking in / out of the hotel was great, as were the facilities. I really love coming here and appreciate that post-covid a lot of the hospitality sector is facing staff shortages. I'm looking forward to coming again sometime when hopefully things will be running a little more smoothly.

Reviewed 20 September 2021

We arrived on the first afternoon, and after realising the room wasn't big enough for us, we like lots of space, the reception moved us to a much bigger and more suitable room. The evening meal was first class, if not a bit chaotic on the second night with the service as they were mega busy, but it did amuse us on how some customers just were rude, and basically were just complainers, if they tried just being a bit friendly to the staff, and management, they may of ended up with a great bottle of red wine on the house on our last night just like us! Thank you all the Team, and we are fussy, so to get 5 Stars of us is a Biggy. ps Top Fillet Steak I Have Ever Had.

Reviewed 20 September 2021

Booked 3 night trip as a retirement present. Described as a luxury hotel - certainly nothing like luxury.
Room was very small and bathroom ridiculously so - felt cramped. But nice view of canal and excellent bed and Champagne & muffins welcome on arrival.
Spa & Pool excellent. Great gym.
Great terrace areas but some cleaning up of dog ends would be better.
The dining room & service is a major problem. 2 of the 3 evenings waited over 40 mins for a drinks order. Had to QUEUE in car park for 15 mins to enter restaurant on first night. The organisation of service particularly bar is chaotic. The hotel describes the dining room as intimate atmosphere which it is not. On the plus side most food is very good especially the steak however we had bad experience with overcooked Gnochi and inedible treacle tart.
We also had problems with staff knowing (dining & reception) which food 'package' we had which restricted our food choices initially which was annoying.
Won't rush back! there are far better hotels around.

Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Booked a night away for our wedding Anniversary.
First impressions, hotel really dated. Gardens untidy nettles sticking out into paths over bridges.
Our executive double was absolutely tiny! Couldn't believe how small it was! Also smelt a bit damp. Our double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together not the most comfortable!
Part of package included a 'chilled' bottle of Prosecco in our room on arrival which never materialised despite me ringing reception to request it, it never arrived!
Walls are paper thin guests in next room we're so noisy.
We enjoyed using the leisure facilities, lovely pool etc.
Waterside Restaurant, lovely atmosphere and decor but foods was really mediocre, very limited menu.
Buffet breakfast adequate nothing special. Food definitely not up to 4 class standards!
Overall I was disappointed with our stat wouldn't stay again, overpriced and in desperate need of a facelift!

Room tip: If you want to book the spa make sure you book way ahead of your stay I tried a week before and was told that it was fully booked
Trip type: Travelled as a couple