Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$127
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
Expedia.comUS$114
eDreamsUS$127
TravelocityUS$114
1,660 results
All reviews thermal suite spa facilities buffet lunch steam room overlooking the canal great spa spa break changing rooms evening meal separate building buffet style both nights an overnight stay wedding party relaxing stay following morning afternoon tea
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 December 2020

1 night spa break with a very uncomfortable bed. Pros: Spa facilities were good and the staff in there were excellent. My 8oz fillet steak in the restaurant was cooked to perfection. Cons: Room was small and no sound proofing combined with the uncomfortable bed provided the worst nights sleep I've had in years. The continental Breakfast was disappointing. Other hotels in the area offer better. Did I mention the uncomfortable bed.

Date of stay: December 2020
Matthew Warren, General Manager at Lion Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Dear gw515,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review regarding your recent visit to us here at Lion Quays Resort.

I am saddened to read you did have a good night sleep with us here at the resort and that you found the bed to not be to your preference. We have such fantastic reviews about our beds daily on check out at our hotel reception.

Its great to read that your fillet steak was cooked to perfection I will be sure to pass this across to our kitchen team within the Waterside restaurant.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the team I will be sure to pass these across to our team here at the Resort.

Please accept my apologies for our breakfast not being to your expectation, I will be sure to raise this with our Chef falls short of the high standard we set ourselves here at the resort. We strive to meet and exceed all of our guests expectations and apologise on this occasion we did not meet these.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future we will be more than happy to offer a room with a more suitable bed which would meet your preference as I have mentioned above we do get fantastic comments on the quality of our beds within the hotel.

Reviewed 9 December 2020

The staff are always friendly and welcoming. Treatments were lovely. Service was very fast.

The overall facilities are a little rough around the edges and need some maintenance. The water could have been warmer. The tiling in the spa is very cracked and broken and I found myself stepping on broken pieces. One of the saunas didn’t seem switched on and the spa sprayers were not on. The hibernation rooms had no music and were very cold with windows open but we were offered blankets. They have also switched to some plastic flip-flops which are very uncomfortable!

That being said, we enjoyed our stay and the staff were lovely but we would probably visit elsewhere in future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matthew Warren, General Manager at Lion Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2020

Dear hp2872016,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review regarding your recent visit to Lion Quays Resort.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the team here at the resort and how you found the service to be fast and treatments lovely. I will be sure to pass this on to our team here at the resort.

I am saddened to read you found the facilities to not meet your expectations, we have recently refurbished areas within our spa and across other areas of the resort. We are working through a fantastic refurbishment program which will continue into 2021 with our spa receiving some fantastic new facilities.

I have noted the comments regarding the music and heating, I have relayed these to the management team during our weekly meetings and can assure you that new procedures have been put in place to ensure this is not repeated for future guests.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay overall and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

Looked lovely and came well recommended but really didnt deliver.

Room was a "superior" one though in what sense I couldnt see, a table and two green mould stained chairs outside on a "balcony".

Frankly, given the C-19 regime you would not expect stains on wardrobe, dirt/ hair
stuck to skirting corners, mould in shower cubicle etc. Not to mention the wood and paint peeling off door.

Walls that thin that you could hear next door putting a glass on table and talking.

Never walked out of a hotel before let alone lost 150 pound for a stay. Offered half price for a refurbished room...why in gods name not use them before crap rooms.

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

We have just spent a night at the hotel which was fantastic, the staff were all very efficient and helpful.
We had food in the evening and breakfast the following morning in the restaurant which is all laid out very well for social distancing rules.
Although the room was very clean we thought it was quite small as was the bathroom.
All in all everything was great apart from the painter who done the decorating in room 127 really does need a kick up the backside as his work is shocking.
Being a decorator myself for the last 25 years I don’t like to criticise others but found it impossible not to on this occasion !!!!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matthew Warren, General Manager at Lion Quays, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

Dear darren3589054,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of your recent visit to us here at Lion Quays Resort.

I am delighted to read that found your stay to be fantastic and the team to all be efficient and helpful.

Thank you for the kind words regarding the restaurant and procedures we have in place during the current times.

I have noted the comment regarding the paint work in your room and have raised this with our maintenance team here on the resort. Please accept my apologies as this far short of the high standards we set the team here at the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

I would not recommend and will not return. Customer service is appealing, when paying to stay somewhere you expect to be treated with respect. I have visited this spa a number of times with various family members and each time the service has been the same. I have given them numerous chances but no change !
STAY AWAY

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank GeorgiaRxx

Dear GeorgiaRxx,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review regarding your visit to Lion Quays Resort.

I am shocked to read that you found our customer service to be appalling, all our team receive such fantastic feedback regarding the service levels they provide, this I feel is demonstrated in many reviews which have been left by our regular and first time guests here at Lion Quays.

The team go above and beyond to ensure our guests expectations are exceeded, I am saddened that you feel we did not meet the levels of service you anticipated on the number of visits you have made to Lion Quays. If you would like to give more details on what has occurred during the visits you have mentioned and discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the resort.