Hotels.com
Priceline
eDreams
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

I visited with a Normandy-Auvergne exchange last week!
Had a meal with Mireille amd Thierry then again with the all group on saturday before driving back.
The both times we have been received as friends. We have been served the best food ever. I had my first Truffade ever!
I can't say how much I am amazed by the job done by 2 people only!
I mean it was 54 of us on sat lunch! And we had the best time on front of the fire place!

Great host in a great place in a great little village in a great french region.

Thank you again!

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I arrived at the Auberge de la Providence in Saint Donat in Auvergne after a very long stressful trip driving from Lugano in Switzerland. We arrived much later than we expected, about 9pm. We were hungry but did not think that we would be able to eat that night. Eric, Caroline, Charlie and Truus made us very welcome and told us that we could have dinner as soon as we were ready. Little did I think that we would eat one of the best meals we had eaten in a long time (including some fancy places in Switzerland). The lentil soup was amazingly tasty. Our salad came straight from the garden. The beer I drank was from Belgium but even better than beers I had in Belgium a few weeks earlier. The Inn itself has 4 bedrooms, simple and very comfortable. Each bedroom has a name from mountain ranges in Nepal and Pakistan (our room was called Caucasus; others Himalaya, Karakorum, and Hindu Kush). The evening we arrived was rainy, misty and dark. We thought we had landed in a Wuthering Heights look alike. It had the same atmosphere of mystery. We want to go back.

Room tip: All the four rooms are lovely. This Inn is in a small mountain village. It's very quiet. There is o traffic. We slept like babies. We were sorry to have to leave.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francis T
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had 4 nights at this superb little auberge and cannot fault it. Caroline and Eric are very welcoming. The room was very comfortable, very nicely decorated with a little place to sit and have a read and a chat at the end of the day. The food was unbelievably good both for value and for quality. In particular I would recommend the truffade and the stone cooked meats. The auberge is very well placed for walking and sightseeing and the location is beautiful. We could see the Puy de Sauncy from the village and could not quite believe there was snow there in late May/early June but though the weather was cooler than we had anticipated, this did not spoil our enjoyment. This was our first time in the Auvergne but hopefully not the last. back.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

What a fab little place, very hospitable hosts, excellent home cooked food and totally great value for money, would definitely return for a weekend away. Very accommodating place when traveling with a baby, it truly felt like being at home but without the washing up!! If your looking for a simple place out of the city then this really is perfect.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012

me and my wife spent 4 nights in this extraordinary location. The area around the hotel is beautiful and very special. The service and the restaurant was very good. The owner was very kind and gave us tips for walking. Maybe we choose a unfortunate time because the temperature in the restaurant and in our room were unconfortable. All in all, we advise this hotel for people, who are looking for a silently and unique place.

Date of stay: September 2012